Servo Suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawgNutts

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My Futaba S3305 steering servo just went out on me; I have the stock HPI SF-1 for the throttle. I bought my Savage used, so I want to replace both of them. I was looking at Savox servos, which one do you guys recommend? Or is there another brand you would choose? Not really concerned about the cost.

It's a Savage X 4.6

Thanks

I've actually never had an issue with my futaba s3305 servos. But if you want a good savox go with the 1256tg. Other than hitech i believe the savox is the best choice.

+1 I have that same Savox servo in my Savage XL it's a great servo. I can turn front wheels lock to lock with them sitting on the ground. Plenty of tourque to turn big wheels and a pretty quick as far as servo speed goes. Well worth the money.

I really like hitec 985MG's. They are pretty fast/strong and the output shaft/case halves are sealed with o-rings. Them being sealed is my primary reason for finding and buying them. Now it's pretty much all I use for my savage and revo. I use them for t/b and steering.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMUS4&P=7
172oz/.13sec @ 6V

I've had a few of mine for many years and they still work great. I run in damp grass/snow quite a bit, and they have withstood quite a few seasons of bashing.

I ran the SAVSC1257TG for throttle/brake and the SAVSC1256TG for steering on my X and I had lots of power glitching problems when working the servo's , added a cap still glitching , I run one savox and one stock is was ok , next one I try will the hitec 985MG like olds97 was talking about , I find that I really don't need a supper stonge servo the stronger you go the faster your pack go's dead

I ended up ordering the Savox servos, they will be here Monday, I'll let you guys know how they work out.

Dont need to. Already know there gonna do great! You will be hooked on Savox my friend.

Back