Servo Sequncer (Self contained)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Scale Builder
Does anyone make a servo sequencer? I have a need for a 4 channel servo sequencer that can drive the servos to defined positions on receipt of a start signal/push button? It needs to be able to repeat this each time Without the need for a computer except when programming?

any ideas please

A 4 channel radio, then set the end-points for each channel at the spot desired... but if you have to control four servos with one channel. Then setup the servo arms so max throw ends where you want it.... you can also get servos with 120 and 180 degree travel.

many 4+ channel radios can set mixes and other movement.

A 4 channel radio, then set the end-points for each channel at the spot desired... but if you have to control four servos with one channel. Then setup the servo arms so max throw ends where you want it.... you can also get servos with 120 and 180 degree travel.
Cheers @9x19 and @tntpoof interesting ideas. I want to make a modern Automaton in the form of a diorama so that on the press of a button each character moves in accordance with a set sequence. A bit like a pick a place robot, doesn’t have to be precise but it does need to be built in to the base of the diorama and battery operated. I wondered if there was an RC product which might do this?

budget RC servos look just right for the job, it’s how I control them, then return to the start position to do it all again!
unit will have sound effects too, triggered from the sequence.

I have seen aircraft undercarriage controllers which do something like this but not 4 channels.

I did wonder if a kit robot arm might have the parts I need, but they seem to rely on a PC or RPi for the brain And that might be a step too far for my simple project.

I guess I could rely on lots of cams on a motorised shaft, but that seems a bit backward

Cheers @9x19 and @tntpoof interesting ideas. I want to make a modern Automaton in the form of a diorama so that on the press of a button each character moves in accordance with a set sequence. A bit like a pick a place robot, doesn’t have to be precise but it does need to be built in to the base of the diorama and battery operated. I wondered if there was an RC product which might do this?

budget RC servos look just right for the job, it’s how I control them, then return to the start position to do it all again!
unit will have sound effects too, triggered from the sequence.

I have seen aircraft undercarriage controllers which do something like this but not 4 channels.

I did wonder if a kit robot arm might have the parts I need, but they seem to rely on a PC or RPi for the brain And that might be a step too far for my simple project.

I guess I could rely on lots of cams on a motorised shaft, but that seems a bit backward
If it were me, Id look in to using an Arduino for that.

If it were me, Id look in to using an Arduino for that.

yes that does seem to be the way, I’m just worried that once I’ve presented it to the victim (it’s a retirement trophy and it’s intended to have a bit of fun at their traits), it will break down or loose its electronic mind!

Back