Help with radio & ESC combo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bogdi1988

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I am building the Cybertruck RC car that I recently saw on YouTube: https://www.printables.com/model/700939-rc-cybertruck

The designer did a decent job outlining the parts list etc and I got the whole car built and somewhat wired.
The electronics I have chosen are as follows:
Transmitter: RC6GC v3
Receiver: R7FG
ESC: FLYCOLOR 130A ESC

While the designer called for the 100A ESC, I found the 130A on a decent deal and figured why not overspec it :).
The designer did not go through the wiring/ programming of the car. The issue I am running is with reverse.
I found out that the ESC has a reverse signal and does not support reversing on the same input like normal RC cars. I guess that comes with the territory of picking an RC airplane ESC instead of a car one. I was able to figure out that by putting the reverse signal on CH4 and then pressing the CH4 bound button on the transmitter I could trigger the reverse of the car - hold button, squeeze throttle to go "forward" and the car goes in reverse. Is there a way I can set the channel mixing in the transmitter to auto hold CH4 when I push the trigger into reverse (opposite of squeeze).

Sorry for the beginner question.

to have forward instead of reverse... you need to switch any 2 motor wires.this is a 5 cell to 14 cell esc.. to me kinda puzzling...and no bec so you had to add a ubec to get power to rx and esc and servo.

I have zero experience with radiolink radios.can't help.. but if you can mix channel 4 into ch 2 your good then you can for get all what I said above about switching the 2 motor wires

Don't use any aircraft ESC with a surface unit, they don't offer braking capability which is kind of important if you don't want to crash into something or someone :(

I've got a video here demonstrating some of the mixing capabilities with Radiolink:

Don't use any aircraft ESC with a surface unit, they don't offer braking capability which is kind of important if you don't want to crash into something or someone :(

I've got a video here demonstrating some of the mixing capabilities with Radiolink:

This ESC has brake capability
to have forward instead of reverse... you need to switch any 2 motor wires.this is a 5 cell to 14 cell esc.. to me kinda puzzling...and no bec so you had to add a ubec to get power to rx and esc and servo.

I have zero experience with radiolink radios.can't help.. but if you can mix channel 4 into ch 2 your good then you can for get all what I said above about switching the 2 motor wires
So the issue itself is not the channel mixing, but that I only get half of the throttle movement. Center to handle is forward. Center to forward of the RC is nothing - dead. I am trying to figure out how to enable the reverse signal in that part of the throttle.

Last edited:
Let me try to word it differently, do not use an aircraft ESC for surface use, replace it with a surface controller and everything will work as intended ;)

Let him have fun. I've used air in surface models many times ..no issues. just some radio adjusting...mostly in deadband the width had to be increased..

Last edited:
Back