Servo savers/arms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
On my Traxxas slash 2wd I broke my servo saver so I got another Traxxas one. Today I went out before the rain and I broke it again. The spring inside came out. Can I try to put it back together or should I get a new one? And if I should get a new one, what kind of saver/arm should I get?
Thank you
20210701_142743.jpg
20210701_142749.jpg

The spring pops oit to protect the servo, just like the clutch and transmission. It can be put back together.

I got tired of the traxxas part myself and moved on to a Kimbrough servo saver.

The spring shouldn't pop out, it should just compress inside the housing when the servo is holding and the wheel hits something, or when the wheels are stuck and you rotate the servo.

I wonder if your screw holding the saver onto the servo isn't too long as that's what holds the servo saver together. If the screw bottoms out before it's tight/holding the servo saver down, then the servo saver will split when it's under load. You would need a shorter screw or washers under the screw to take up the extra space.

Just buy a Kimbrough servo saver, far better than the traxxas servo saver. But no, the spring is not supposed to pop out, as olds mentioned, it is designed to compress.

Its the redcat savers that the springs are designed to pop out of them!

I KID I KID! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

best to just replace servo saver. I purchased a bag of Tamiya's years ago when a local hobby shop was liquidating all instore stock(bummer when they closed)..FYI stop hitting things with your rc that might help servo saver to last