Servo Question...ugh..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I had bought a new servo a while back and havnt had the time to put it in until today. Its a Digital High speed/tourqe servo (Its called a Tower Pro). Anyway, I went to put it in today and was going to adjust the horn so I powered it up and nothing. No responce at all, so I switched channels since I saw the throttle and brake servo move, and nothing there either. Anyone know what gives? can't I put this in my savy using stock reicever?? Help would be appriciated. Thanks!

might not work w/ AM setups...I'm not sure why they wouldn't but I had a Hitec digital give fits until I got an FM radio setup.....you really shouldn't use the digital servo on a radio w/ no EPA adjustments because it will burn it up real fast...and that could be in 1 min of playing or 1 month.....no way to know......the analog servos stop drawing current when they hit a heavy load....the digitals keep going at 100% til they find the EXACT position you told it to be in......if it's not there (because of the steering linkage) then it will just start to fry the controller.....
LOL...C'mon Andy when have you ever upgraded an RC and didn't find out you needed to upgrade half the friggin car to handle that new "simple" part.....

No doubt.. I'm finding that VERY VERY true..lol A member here told me it was a great servo for the buck so I figured Id try it out. (Was only $12!) I didnt even relize it was digital. Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade controls..lol

Oh and I can feel the sadness in your words about that...LOL..
Damn, I HAVE TO GET A BETTER (fill in Part name here) FOR MY RC....Oh well

Have you flipped the plug? I guess that sounds like a stupid question.

Seems like Hitech and Futaba servos worked on either brand. Could put the Hitech in either way, but would just work the servo one way?

It fits in there both ways and neither works. I thought it was kinda weird. Is there any way to test a servo another way? To to make sure it isnt a defective servo? Of all the servos I've bought in the past for past vehicles, I've never had this problem. But again my savage is the only one I had my stock radio with..

4u2nv said:
It fits in there both ways and neither works. I thought it was kinda weird. Is there any way to test a servo another way? To to make sure it isnt a defective servo? Of all the servos I've bought in the past for past vehicles, I've never had this problem. But again my savage is the only one I had my stock radio with..
WHat other rides do you have?

does your dad's friend w/ the large scale stuff have a good radio you can hook it up to? try and find an FM radio and see if it really is the band issue....

Currently the only other Rc I have right now is my planes. My dads buddy who has his v8 nitro lives about 45 miles from me, so I guess thatd be kinda a last resort. Ill just have to wait till I get a new radio (Wouldnt be bad anyway) and just slap my stocker back in until then. (Or until I get the planes out)