Screw Traxxas Censorship

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevin7

RC Newbie
Reaction score
In this thread on the Traxxas forums someone mentioned the new Granite 4x4 BLX and was saying its worse than the Stampede 4x4 because it has a plastic center drive shaft.

I responded with a reference to some youtube videos that show the Granite 4x4 BLX running 50MPH all stock and doing some crazy stuff with no breakage (something a Stampede 4x4 VXL could never dream of - and I own a Stampede 4x4 VXL).

My response also included a lot of information about how I think that Traxxas will upgrade the Stampede 4x4 and Slash 4x4 in the near future with the same things that are on the new Rustler 4x4 (I spent 5 minutes listing all the upgrades in detail, which is super relevant to the thread). less than an hour later "cooleocool" the "Traxxas Marshal" deleted the post that mentioned the Granite 4x4 BLX and my response which was mostly about Traxxas; his response was "Let's not discuss vehicles from other manufacturers please.", even though there is no mention of this in the forum's rules.

I think he deleted it because I mentioned that the Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX is capable of doing many things with its stock configuration that the Stampede 4x4 VXL cannot do (I listed non-biased facts such as the Stampede 4x4 VXL cannot run 3s with the stock drive shafts, a well known fact). I'm glad that these forums are not owned by Arrma or they might try to be insane dictators like Traxxas. I responded to the post with the message below which I bet will also be deleted:

Cooleocool I read the rules before posting to make sure I was not breaking any of them (where does it say do not discuss vehicles from other manufacturers?). The majority of what I wrote was directly related to the topic of this thread and was very informative. I do not appreciate you deleting my post that I spent 10 minutes writing. The censorship on these forums is appalling. I'm guessing this post will get deleted to.

Well that is just stupid. Problem with anything these days is people bias get in the way of actually having meaningful and in depth conversations about thing.

@sevin7 I'm guessing you are new to the Traxxas forum?

Not trying to be the bad guy here but it's been a long known fact Traxxas doesn't want you to talk about (or mention) any other brand since for as long as I can remember them having a forum. While their rules may not directly spell this out, there are parts of the rules that should make it clear such as:

No Traxxas Bashing. This is the Traxxas online community for Traxxas enthusiasts. It will naturally have a pro-Traxxas bias. It’s simple. If you don’t like Traxxas and wish to discredit us with your misinformed rants and opinions, then don’t be a member of our community.

They clearly don't want you to mention Traxxas in any negative light, right or wrong, as in their eyes if you have something bad to say about Traxxas it's simply "misinformed rants and opinions".

It is what it is, play by their rules or just move on to another community.

Many people (including myself) write about how terrible the stock driveshafts are on the Stampede/Slash 4x4 VXL and the posts are never removed. In this case they got removed because I mentioned that a competitors product (that someone else brought up) does not have the same problem.

Same on FB. Give a Traxxas Fanboi Admin rights, and anything negative gets censored. Even lot of 'Open' groups like RC Junkies will remove any post that is too negative of Traxxas. And by too negative, I don't mean brand bashing, but like you posed - pointing out well know issues with Traxxas cars.

Damage control through censorship....Why I hate Traxxas, Reason #388

If this forum was owned by Arrma, they could play by the same rules. The traxxas forum is owned by traxxas. So, some censorship would be expected. Their forum has a ton of traxxas specific information and heated threads about their vehicles shortcomings do stay on the forum as long as it's not dragging in comparisons to other companies vehicles.

They also get cranky when you start talking about using non-traxxas stuff on traxxas vehicles.

The Marshals on their forums are Nazis when it comes to talking about vehicles from other companies.

thumb-222-rcpissingboy.jpg

I will own their vehicles but I will only buy them second hand and only use aftermarket replacement parts.

Just say you will be using Castle stuff and your pretty much golden.
Yeah, they can't complain much about that. Now my other 2 revo's with an OS21TM and LRP28, they get annoyed when I chat about those and other non-traxxas upgrades I did to make them not break every time I went out.

I can't recall if they complained/edited my posts for putting the castle system in my stampede 4x4 or not.

Screw Traxxas, nothing but corporate bullies, and selling the same old crap for decades. All they have going for them is the ex-lax. I mean xmacks. I wish redcat would have put more prep into the R5. They could have knocked Traxxas Down a peg. Hopefully ARRMA comes out with a 1/6 monster truck worth it's weight.

That is not just an open forum, it is a business. of course they don't want you advertising that something else might be a better value than their product. A business is about making money and that forum is part of their business model. Most of us would do that same if it was our business. They are not there to help people decide what brand to buy, they are there to convince people to buy their brand. I blame them for some things they do but not for that.

Traxxas? I’m going to start referring to them as Maxass in my videos... ;)

#maxass

Well that is just stupid. Problem with anything these days is people bias get in the way of actually having meaningful and in depth conversations about thing.
I agree,,,all the units break and need stuff,,,like they say,,it’s the driver a lot of times,,,,I have a multitude of makes and models,,maintenance is so important as well as operating habits,,,,,and do your homework before spending your hard earned money,which a lot of us don’t have much of...anyway that’s my 2cents worth,,,although due to inflation it’s probably 1cent worth.....enjoy guys,,keep the dirty side down......

I was going to buy a Traxxa E Revo 2.0 as my first step into RC. In the UK it's £629 and it's $549 in the US.
I thought that seemed very expensive and sought advice which helped me to stumble onto Arrma, a brand I'd never heard of before. Looking at their vehicles the Talion (and Kraton) stood out initially and are £449 in the UK while they are $499 in the US.
I think it is crazy that the E Revo 2.0 is $50 more expensive in the US and £180 (at current exchange rate that's $235) more in the UK.

The difference in Traxxas territorial pricing structure seems very much like gouging. I understand that products are priced differently for different markets, but that much of a differential when compared to what a competitor is doing ? It lost at least one potential customer.
I suppose I'm thankful for it, as otherwise I wouldn't have bought my Talion (it would have been a Kraton if there had been stock, lol) or have a Notorious arriving tomorrow.

Note: Pricing here is taken from amainhobbies for both cars in the US and modelsport in the UK.

Back