Scored one of my odd ball bucket list RCs finally

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ Kryptonite

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, figured I'd share the newest addition to the fleet. Far from an Arrma but part of my running g RC bucket list I have that I am not really if seeking out these vehicles but if I come across certain rides I always wanted for projects I had in mind and the price was right, I'm snagging them. The list is very eclectic but this 1/6th scale snowmobile is one I wanted for a while but not for the 200 and 300 prices on eBay. Goodwill for $30, oh ya, let the modding begin...lol. Plan to take my time to have this built for next winter basically. Will go high torque servo, Brushless motor, 3s lipo, waterproof ESC, LEDs, swap the spring suspension out for real oil filed big bore shocks and tie rods, swap the plastic skis for metal, add metal servo horns to the skis and the upgrade the linkage back to the servo and finally find the right rider for sled. That's the plan. At least. Going to be a long, slow build and will buy items as I find them at good prices so I'm not rushing into bad deals but I'm thrilled to land one of these monster snowmobiles in perfect shape for so cheap...woohoo. Looks like the Esca-Rock may need a sled trailer for next year as well.

Attachments

• 676921915125949on-thumb.jpg
    676921915125949on-thumb.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 119
Dang @DJ Kryptonite you scored big time on that one... $30... and at a Goodwill of all places. Nicely done man!

Thanks WoodiE, it's almost a shame to chop it up as after iicleaned it up and charged it found it runs, steers has the motor sounds and all lights work. For the price I figured it was shot but didn't care as long as the main pieces were good since I was getting it to upgrade it. Lucked out this time around. Like I said, one down on my list I always am keeping an eye out for, the others are similar projects like finding a 1/6th scale Tyco Tumbler to convert to a Brushless hobby grade RC, or finally getting all the pieces left that I need to rebuild my first RCs that patiently sit in storage, 1987 Kangaroo was the first and every now and then I find a part I need for it to get one step closer...lol.

Back