Savage x. Who’s got one?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nswelding

Premium Member!
Reaction score
Is the savage x 4.6 nitro any good these days? I bought one about 9 years ago, and I dumped a ton of money into that truck. Was a lot of fun and I know electric dominates these days but part of me, being an rc enthusiast, wants to take this savage x my upstairs neighbor has. It’s in pieces and he wants a bottle of Jameson for the truck ? I’m thinking about doing it. Have they updated the savage x at all? Or is it the same truck since it’s origin?

I bought mine in 2007 and dumped a bunch of money into it. Then I stuffed it in storage for 11 years. I finally dug it out this past summer and got it running again. You can still get parts for it and there are some nice bulletproof aftermarket parts for it as well.

20180823_175725.jpg
IMG_0636.jpeg

Wow that’s a beast! Lots of nice bling

I’m trying to decide if I should get this truck. There’s no info on it at all. The engines pulled from the chassis and everything is in a box.

Here’s a photo of the truck

Attachments

• FF88C32E-5FB6-46B7-A0B9-8F2F3FDEE748.png
    FF88C32E-5FB6-46B7-A0B9-8F2F3FDEE748.png
    580.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 5E9834CA-09D1-4DE9-BEE2-9EB8C4CF31B8.png
    5E9834CA-09D1-4DE9-BEE2-9EB8C4CF31B8.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
Ehhhhh I think my arrma will be the goto for electric .... there’s something about the sound and smell of nitro. I do remember when I had the gen 1 savage x, I broke that truck every single outing. Whether it be a arms, differentials, drive lines, shocks, it was bad. I had over 2 grand into that truck and one day I got so frustrated with it that I gave it away....

But that was back then when they weren’t built as tough as the modem RCs are now. Arrma has got it down now. I think if I get this truck, it’ll be my Sunday-go-for-a-rip-cruiser down the road and back

Ehhhhh I think my arrma will be the goto for electric .... there’s something about the sound and smell of nitro. I do remember when I had the gen 1 savage x, I broke that truck every single outing. Whether it be a arms, differentials, drive lines, shocks, it was bad. I had over 2 grand into that truck and one day I got so frustrated with it that I gave it away....

But that was back then when they weren’t built as tough as the modem RCs are now. Arrma has got it down now. I think if I get this truck, it’ll be my Sunday-go-for-a-rip-cruiser down the road and back
How much does he want for it?

How much does he want for it?

He said bring him a 5th of Jameson and it’s mine... it looks like this truck is different from the savage x I had.... this one is newer, had one shock per arm as opposed to two shocks per arm on the model I had. Little differences I see here and there.

He said bring him a 5th of Jameson and it’s mine... it looks like this truck is different from the savage x I had.... this one is newer, had one shock per arm as opposed to two shocks per arm on the model I had. Little differences I see here and there.

I'd do that trade.

That's the newer Savage X 4.6 RTR. Not as bash proof as the 1/8th Arrmas, but still a fun truck. For the price your buddy wants I'd be all over it.

Come on over to HPISF, lots of knowledgeable people over there.

I have an X and while I don't have a ton of money into it, I bought it brand used off ebay. The engine was a bit rough and some of the screws used were questionable... was pretty clear the guy that had it was new to the hobby and it spent most of it's time on pavement, or he cleaned it really really well. The scratched up cooling head said pavement runner though.

I've added a 47T steel spur, new engine, cheap tuned pipe, T-bone rear wheelie bar/skid, different shock springs, wheels/tires of course, super HD bones/outer axles and sintered BP diffs. waterproof t/b and steering servos... So, a decent sum I guess over it's life.

When I got it, the engine was shot, front diff was hopping teeth when braking and rear diff was on it's last leg. Both diffs were machined 43t ring gear, not the BP's. When I got the BP's off ebay, they had the super HD cups, so I upgraded the bones/outer axles as well.

All that and I don't think I've put more than 2-3 gallons through it. However, I haven't really had to fix anything either. I think I replaced the wheel bearings and cb bearings a couple times.

Back