Sakura D4 1/10 Scale Drift Car RWD Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBasher13

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have been thinking about buying the Sakura D4 Drift Car and was wondering if anybody else has bought it, if so I was curious how long the chassis hast lasted for you and if you can put in your own electronics without damaging it?

Hi, I have been thinking about buying the Sakura D4 Drift Car and was wondering if anybody else has bought it, if so I was curious how long the chassis hast lasted for you and if you can put in your own electronics without damaging it?
I dont own that kit but it should hold up pretty well I would think. Drift kits dont take as much abuse or go as fast as most other types of kits so durability shouldnt be to much of an issue. You can put whatever electronics you want in it, no problem there.

Are you going to be drifting with others in your area? If so you might want to look and see if they are running 4WD or 2WD drift cars. 2WD drifting seems to have overtaken 4WD in popularity. If you're just drifting around by yourself doesn't matter but I thought Id put it out there in case it was something you wanted to take in to consideration.

I'm just drifting by myself, but thank you.

I am also looking for a 10th drifter kit. this one is pretty cool as you can easily remove the belt and convert it to 2WD.
The one thing I am worried about is the availability of parts a few years from now. What do you guys think of this company to provide parts in the future?

I am also looking for a 10th drifter kit. this one is pretty cool as you can easily remove the belt and convert it to 2WD.
The one thing I am worried about is the availability of parts a few years from now. What do you guys think of this company to provide parts in the future?
I wouldnt buy a 4WD drift car with the expectations of converting to to 2WD set up. Theres a fair amount of difference between a purpose built 2WD drift car and a 4WD drift car with the front drive line detached.

As for Sukura, I'm not owned one but theyve been around for a fair amount of time and are somewhat popular so I would expect to much trouble getting replacements. That being said I can't see the future either :)

Back