Revo + Picco Qs.... I'm new.. hello ;)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revoboi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi...
I am new to this hobby need some help, i did my research and alot of reading in this forum and decided to get my self a used revo 3.3 (ok shape) during the summer. will post pictures later. Played it for a couple of days and jumping and crashing it many times and i found stock revo is not durable at all... since winter is here i decided to get my self a few parts.

a few questions:
i got a used picco .26 engine, not sure who makes it any body knows (its attached)?? is this brand good? i read that picco should be running about 50mph?? true? what kind of gearing i should use? i think i have 34 spur gear now... i dont really need wheelies can't really handle it...

any difference between revo 2.5 and 3.3 transmission?

i read its a bad idea to reverse the foc, is it that bad??, since I'm new i got stuck alot and its tiring to run around just to turn the revo..

Attachments

• DSC_0600 [800x600].JPG
    DSC_0600 [800x600].JPG
    145 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0598 [800x600].JPG
    DSC_0598 [800x600].JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 74
The reverse is weak... The opti shift and extra servo really drains your battery life down.. The only difference in the 3.3 tranny is that the back case has holes for the rear brake kit.. Picco is made by ofna but that doesn't look like any picco I've ever seen.. oh and By the way Welcome to RCNT

here is a picco .26
eng_picco26.jpg

sorry bout that i knew what i meant lol

Rear brake kit??... does it help to shorten braking distance? ?? The tires on my revo will lock and the revo will skid whenever i applied the brake.. braking distance not so good

Last edited:
The rear brake kit only helps when you have a Center diff.. The revo tranny has a solid shaft that goes through it therefore the brake that applies to the front applies to all 4 wheels..

The center diff eliminates that shaft and replaces it with a different thus allowing both front and rear wheels to spin independantly.. So there is a need for two pairs of brakes

Last edited:
Back