revo battery problems???????????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwpaterson

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Heres my problem! My battery wouldnt hold a charge so I thought that I needed a new one. I bought one but when I put it in and hooked it up to charge ,the light on the charger only flashed for a few seconds. I let it stay on the charger to see what would happen, after about an hour I unpluged the truck and used it for only a minute and it was dead agian........so my question is,is my reciever sucking the juice out of the battery because its bad it makes a weird noise like somthings winding up.

ALL HELP IS APRECIATED
THANKS

well first off ditch the reciever charger and use a peak charger with a recieiver adaptor works MUCH better, and when you say it sounds like its winding up, whats winding up?

the noise sounds like all the electricity is being sucked out, kind of like a jet engine starting I have ran it in the snow before to do you think that has messed up the electronics some where. I dont know but it sucks and I can't run it till its fixed cause as you know it will take off like a BAT OUT OF HELL!!!

Last edited:
Same problem here

I bought a used revo and my receiver battery gets instantly drained also! I also bought a new ofna 10201 batt. pack charged it and same thing! When the truck and controller are on it sounds like the steering servos are "running" like an electric motor is on! If I unplug the servos from the receiver it stops! The receiver is new, servos are new, batt pack is new. ANY IDEAS???

Fixed the issue! The steering servos were fighting each other. It was as if they were constantly trying to center against each other. I took the linkage off centered everything and no more issues!

Dual servos are notorious for that problem. It's best to run one good, strong(130oz and up) servo to eliminate that problem. Even when they seem adjusted correctly, servos seem to wear out faster on a dual setup. Glad you got 'er figured out.

Thanks for your help iam going to try that, it seems like thats what its got to be.

fixed the problem

You guys were right I centered the servos and recharged the battery and now iam good to go. I didnt mention that the reason I had this problem in the first place was because I had taken the truck apart cause I upgraded it from a 2.5r to 3.3 with idea to put a big block on it iam almost done its going to be a beast.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Back