Revo Axle's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revoowner89

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So i just got myself some new holeshot tires for racing. I also bought m2c racing 17mm hex adapters to fit the wheels. Only problem is, my current axels are way to small. I'm assuming i need 8MM axles? I am using the stock axles that came installed on my 2.5r revo by the way. What a learning experience this has been.

Anyone have any recommendations? I shop alot at rcplanet.com.

Did you buy the 17mm kit with the adapters and hexes? The $40 one? Or did you buy the $25 hex set? I was told i need the more expensive set for the hub adapters to go to 17mm. Not sure of the part numbers for the kits but will search for a link now.

The stock axles should work just fine with the 17mm hexes. I am using the stock 2.5 axles with the traxxas hexes and have not had any problems.

The stock axles should work just fine with the 17mm hexes. I am using the stock 2.5 axles with the traxxas hexes and have not had any problems.

I think thats my problem. MY hex adapters are from M2C racing, their plastic. I bought them off rcplanet but now i can't seem to find the link.

They didnt come with pins and my existing pins are way to small for these adapters.

Joshman, can you send me a link to your adapters?

The stock revo uses 6mm OD stub axles, any 8mm ID wheel hex wont work without bushing the difference.
It is best to purchase the 8mm stub axle to go with the 8mm wheel hex, or buy the 6mm wheel hex to fit the stock stub axle.

Thanks for the help!!!!! Those traxxas ones look alot better. Looks like the pin would stay more secure compared to the integy ones. Thankyou sir!

Back