revo 3.3 trinity pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramos617

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i need to know if this will fit my 3.3 and if it will raise performace ,, acceleration , speed any help would be apreciated

That pipe is gonna be loud, and is a tight fit for a 3.3, but will give your mill a power gain that you will love.

Oh, and remove the adapter from the stinger...

iv been readin posts that ppl say the gasket or somethin doesn't work ,ok but will it fit properly

It will fit. Just don't pinch or tear the gasket when you install it and it should be OK.

Last edited:
ok will it add more power than the chrome resonator

Any tuned pipe will add a little grunt down low in the powerband compared to a resonator.

Some guys prefer the resonator, however.

i dont get it

why do they prefer the resonator

Mellow sound and some say a smoother mid to high end. Racers usually like 'em a little more but I have always been one for low to mid-range power.

so wolud the trinity add top speed or power

Power down low and in the middle.

Your overall speed won't really change much either way. It is more a matter of where the power is at it's maximum. Make sense?

oh ok because i broke my header on my revo for the 2nd time so now I'm gonna get the trinity setup

I've been trying to talk myself into a Trinity but keep seeing people rant over the Resonator which is what I have on my 5308

Stock pipes typically provide the smoothest overall power band. When you start looking into aftermarket tuned pipes, they are typically focused on getting absolute PEAK power out of a specific range in the power band which often times comes at a cost to other areas. most tuned pipes will increase power and to be quite honest, the pipe that typically makes the greatest mid to top power for racing will take an experienced and sensitive touch to get to idle well and pull off the line. Other pipes are tuned to get more low end grunt but sacrifice peak hp winding up with a flatter but very controllable power curve. As with any performance upgrade, do research before buying. Make sure the part you want to upgrade will meet your need when changed. Possibly even more important, hang on to your original and keep the new clean and pretty so if it doesn't do what you wanted you can try to sell it and put the original back on.

ya i will keep my original jus in case i dont like it

but i was also wondering if there was a difference with the stock blue pipe on the revo or the chrome stock one on the newerr revos

cptvkirk I see in your profile you have a Revo? what do you use If I may ask.....thx

I run the factory Resonator. I'm just a basher, that races our home made track for fun and by no means an exhaust expert...but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express. If I do anything to my exhaust, it may be porting the stinger just a hair to breath better but have had absolutely no problems as it sits in stock form. You will see more perfomance gains by tweaking suspension and adjusting gearing to suit your race conditions than you will from a different exhaust.

jus installed the pipe , wasn't as hard as i though , revo runs perfect now no more broken headers , more power ,louder ha ha:hehe: .also i switched fuels from traxxas to byrons original race fuel is it ok to run with this fuel

jus installed the pipe , wasn't as hard as i though , revo runs perfect now no more broken headers , more power ,louder ha ha:hehe: .also i switched fuels from traxxas to byrons original race fuel is it ok to run with this fuel
what did you use for a gasket? which manifold? I'm playing hell trying to get the sb header over the sleeve and the bb header the adapter way too big.....

Just Be Careful

Byron's is a great fuel, but I think their race fuel is only 12% oil. That's about perfect for a finely tuned well maintained mill that you are trying to ring out every last drop of power for racing. It will adequately lube and protect your engine at proper tune but be warned, it will be VERY unforgiving to your engine if you accidentally get too lean.

what did you use for a gasket? which manifold? I'm playing hell trying to get the sb header over the sleeve and the bb header the adapter way too big.....
well i used the little header cuz i got the 3.3 but i used the clear tubing thing for the gasket from the rngine to the header and the smaller black gasket for the header to pipe

Byron's is a great fuel, but I think their race fuel is only 12% oil. That's about perfect for a finely tuned well maintained mill that you are trying to ring out every last drop of power for racing. It will adequately lube and protect your engine at proper tune but be warned, it will be VERY unforgiving to your engine if you accidentally get too lean.
ya but i was wondering why am i haveing to tune my engine every time i use it but when i tune it its runs perfect

Back