Restoration Project #11 - Kyosho FW-05 - Lamborghini Murcielago

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalfnz

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Long time no resto!
Unfortunately this one has also bit the dust, no sleeve pinch left.
As you can see its in quite poor condition, but it will be like new once I am done with it.
Piston, sleeve and conrod on their way.
I think this one is fairly rare, even google is having a hard time finding them with this body.
Cost me $60 USD, came with RX and TX.

Let the restoration begin!

Thanks!

lambo3.jpg

lambo4.jpg

lambo5.jpg

lambo6.jpg

lambo11.jpg

lambo12.jpg

lambo14.jpg

lambo15.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely love the body.

Thank you, and its in really good condition too, which is surprising considering car has had a fair bit of use.
Maybe they ran it with a body off.

Some ideas on decals would be nice!

Thanks

Does anyone know a good place to download decals?
Or has anyone printed their own decals and what printing media did they use?

Thank you!

MCI Racing is the place you want, they have a lot of vintage decals. Their prices are kinda up there and shipping from Canada bites, but the only other option is to search eBay for weeks.

Hi and thank you all for decal suggestions.
Turns out I already had a refurbished non broken in FW05 purchased earlier last year, so while I wait for the piston and sleeve to arrive, and decided to focus on the Lambo body and make it look nice.
When wife saw the car, she said it looked like crap, so I took it very personally.... :)
I also had some left over decals from the Chevy Slash body I painted recently.
Rear wing is from another which I made fit, and cooling cut outs were rounded and make to look factory.
Anyway, here it is, it looks really good, I will update you guys later on engine and chassis restoration.
Enjoy!

fw052.jpg

fw053.jpg

fw054.jpg

fw055.jpg

fw056.jpg

fw051.jpg

For what it's worth, looks bad-ass to me! Makes me want to dig my NTC3 out and get it going!

Thanks!

Does it have a Lambo body?
If you don't want to ruin that body they have some on ebay. Murcielago Aventador and Gallardo.

I'm painting an early model Murcy myself.