Refurbished traxxas slash 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
How it was:
20210817_164307.jpg
20210817_153921.jpg

How it is:
20210820_014222.jpg
20210820_014232.jpg

Camber and steering still need tuning. But she's done!

You did a great job on that. Almost makes me want to redo mine but I have too much fun beating it lol🤣
Thank you.

This one was beyond beaten on anymore. Motor and bearings were siezed. Every screw and bolt was rusted. Pinion was rusted out. Doubted any of the electronics were any good besides receiver (in water proof case).

It's my cousin's, who wanted to get back into bashing. He payed me to get it back to working order... I might have gone a little over board with it. 🤷🏽‍♂️
You can see the whole tear down and rebuild here:

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/i-went-grave-digging-today.131597/

The screws are no longer rusty, and it looks like a new RC. Fantastic job Kev! You should start an RC detail shop.

Awesome work. It just blows me away the many hours and days we put into a build or refurbish just to take it out and destroy it in 15 minutes.. ;)

Awesome work. It just blows me away the many hours and days we put into a build or refurbish just to take it out and destroy it in 15 minutes.. ;)
Aside from test drive I don't even get to break this one ☹
The screws are no longer rusty, and it looks like a new RC. Fantastic job Kev! You should start an RC detail shop.
If I knew there was need for it in my area. I wouldn't mind doing something out of my at home workshop here.
Almost looks like she was just pulled out of the box! great work!
Thanks, it took time. But I'm satisfied with it 😌

That thing is mint! You could actually get good money off this kind of stuff as a side hustle.
Aside from posting something at my local hobbytown (if they let me) I wouldn't know how to get the word out. All the peeps I know, my cuz aside, wrench on their own rigs.

No kidding, every time I go to the UPS store they ream me, I don't know what kind of deals they are getting but I want in on the action.

No kidding, every time I go to the UPS store they ream me, I don't know what kind of deals they are getting but I want in on the action.
They make their money off the people who rarely ship stuff. But charge next to nothing for the everyday shipper.

I'm no bean counter but I'd think they'd make more money if they charged less to us, and maybe a little more to them...

I never understood how companies can offer free shipping on stuff. Even more so when the item is 20-30 lbs.
I used to work in a shipping department. If a shipper can make one stop and grab a boatload of packages, they give huge discounts. Like some days FedEx and UPS would drop a trailer and we would fill it. The more they ship, the bigger the discount. I actually also used to sell on ebay, and the guy at the UPS counter got so used to seeing me he gave me pretty good discounts on shipping.

Back