Red Headed Stepchild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have been wanting to build something fun and fast. I also wanted something to beat the tar out of it so what better to build then a SCX-10 ?

Specs:

SCX-10 chassis and axles

Proline power stroke shocks
Summit Tranny and jason's Summit tranny mount
Traxxas waterproof VXL system
Body ???
2.2 Rok Lox
Wheels ???
Jr MG 126 for steering and shift the trans
CC BEC
4PK
Front and rear winches
Maybe some metal work
I am going to run the truck on 2s lipo packs and when I want to have a little fun I will switch over to 3s.

Pictures......

Well, I think we all know what a SCX-10 looks like I will post some build pictures when it starts getting good.

Cool, another Chip Cross build! You guys are killing me! I see my AX10 going bye-bye in favor of a scaler VERY soon...

What about a proline (lexan sorry) f150 the kinda prerunner it?

curious to see how the VXL setup works out.

I can't decide what i want to run in mine now. My batteries are only good for 50A rms so i can't get too crazy. Thats still 1100 watts so i should have a few options.

Its hard not to throw nemesis\feigao motors in these rigs for the cost. You can find the L series all day long for 40 shipped.

The Ford Pre-Runner sounds cool. You might also look at the Warthog from Halo....

I'm pretty sure Chip sold off his rc stuff so this thread is prolly dead for now.

I'm pretty sure Chip sold off his rc stuff so this thread is prolly dead for now.

Yes you are correct RC just doesn't do it for me anymore... I have went back to real crawlers I am still going to build a scale version of my K5 seen below.
1278420067.gif

overrated. Its fun but far too time consuming. Was with that dang jeep anyway.

You will be back

overrated. Its fun but far too time consuming. Was with that dang jeep anyway.

You will be back

That is why I don't play with Jeeps tooooo much headache. I was lucky enough to stumble upon this thing on Fleabay it is a rolling advertisement for Off Road Design. The previous owner gave me a build up book with $14,675. and some change in receipts this thing has the best of eeeevvvveeeerrrrything it was to good to pass up.

So when we going ride? Let the wives hang out while we tear up your toys

That thing is beautiful. Just a little FYI on the spotlight, it is illegal in the state of Louisiana, and the boys have been cracking down on it bad. So if your gona register it, i would do something about it.

shine it in that copper's eye and RUN.

i would convert it into a periscope

That thing is beautiful. Just a little FYI on the spotlight, it is illegal in the state of Louisiana, and the boys have been cracking down on it bad. So if your gona register it, i would do something about it.

When did off road lights become illegal ? As long as you are not spotlight wild game it should be fine correct ? I see company trucks running around all the time with the same set up. I have even seen some with remote controlled lighting.

LRS 32:317

§317. Spotlights and auxiliary lamps

A.(1) A spotlight shall be authorized only on motor vehicles which meet one of the following conditions:

(a) The vehicle is a publicly owned emergency vehicle.

(b) The vehicle is operated by a public service corporation as approved by the secretary of the Department of Public Safety.

(c) The spotlight is for use within a municipality where such use is specifically permitted by special ordinance and such use shall be restricted to such municipalities.

(d) The vehicle is owned and operated by a farmer. A spotlight authorized by this Subparagraph:

(i) Shall only be mounted on the back panel of the cab of a pickup truck,

(ii) Shall not rotate more than 180 degrees at the rear of the cab,

(iii) Shall not face the front of the vehicle at any time,

(iv) Shall be used solely for agricultural purposes, and

(v) Shall not be operated on any state or local highway.

Quote: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=88258

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....

Maybe the law but would it be enforced real hard there?

Its like i told chip yesterday on the phone. One of the biggest problems that has been going on in the country is that people are having these lights on their vehicles, and putting strobes on it and pulling people over, especially women and kidnapping, raping, robbing...... etc. So yea..... its a big one for us to enforce.

LRS 32:317

§317. Spotlights and auxiliary lamps

A.(1) A spotlight shall be authorized only on motor vehicles which meet one of the following conditions:

(a) The vehicle is a publicly owned emergency vehicle.

(b) The vehicle is operated by a public service corporation as approved by the secretary of the Department of Public Safety.

(c) The spotlight is for use within a municipality where such use is specifically permitted by special ordinance and such use shall be restricted to such municipalities.

(d) The vehicle is owned and operated by a farmer. A spotlight authorized by this Subparagraph:

(i) Shall only be mounted on the back panel of the cab of a pickup truck,

(ii) Shall not rotate more than 180 degrees at the rear of the cab,

(iii) Shall not face the front of the vehicle at any time,

(iv) Shall be used solely for agricultural purposes, and

(v) Shall not be operated on any state or local highway.

Quote: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=88258

so i could have my spot light on my roof of my company work van in LA. that would suck its remote controlled and tilts and spins 3/4 the way around. but i think that they law is a good one for many differnet reasons.

Back