Really nice car wallpaper and pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love mucle cars i would prefer them to imports any day. i still like ferarris but nothing like the sound of a blown 350 chevy. me and my dad are going to start a project in the spring on a 67 or 68 camero with a twin turbo 350 pushin 1100Hp on pump gas!!
IMO
Lukas

Well a turbo takes power to make power also. there is a certain amount of power loss with the exhaust spinning the turbo up also.

Turbo works off of exhaust gases so it is the more "efficient" as far as where it gets the power from. Spooling up is what gets me but then again, that can be minimized.

Bouzouki, superchargers may take power to make the power but it's also power on demand ...

I'll take a cobalt over a shitvic any day.
2044ImpalaSS-1.JPG

Looks better than a shitvic and even better than those rediculous things being badged as an ImpalaSS these days.

Last edited:
muscle car 8 cylinders built for power and a supercharger
" no such thing as to much HP"

I second that ... but there's alwas "not enough grip" lol

i can't wait till i can drive so i can get myself a 67 mustang. i love muscle cars. although some imports are ok with me. but especially if your import has a whole bunch of stickers on it, then it is probably really fast. lol :jk:

SaVaGeR21 said:
i can't wait till i can drive so i can get myself a 67 mustang. i love muscle cars. although some imports are ok with me. but especially if your import has a whole bunch of stickers on it, then it is probably really fast. lol :jk:
Don't forget the CF parts, farting muffler and super fast wing!

Savager, when getting your mustang ... always make sure you check the floorboards! Had too many early 70's and late 60's fords either in my possesion or family members possesion. Ford never really treated the sheetmetal with undercoating or galvenizing. I had a 1970 Ford Torino GT with the HiPo 302 4v in it. I slammed on the gas one day and I instantly had a reclining lazy boy for a front seat! I used a milk crate to keep me from falling back while driving home.

Diver6127 said:
Forced induction has it's pro's and cons. Supercharging is power on demand. Turbo lags BUT doesn't have static power loss (doesn't take power to make power).

Diver sorry bout correcting you but it depends what type of superchargers. If you have a twin screw super charger (kenneBell, Whipple) than you get powere right away but dont have as much on the top end. buit if you have a centrifical (vortech,Paxton,Novi,Procharger) you dont really gain low end but you do gain a $hit load of top end because by then your blower is already spooled up.

redneckracer1979 said:
If it doesn't have 8 cylinders under the hood then I don't care about it. Also if you need a supercharger, a turbocharger or NOS to go fast then it will get absolutly no respect from me. it's all motor or nothing for me.
redneck i agree with you 100% Naturally aspirated is the way to go :cheers: "there's no replacement to displacement" :cheers: Redneck dont you love the sound of a nice big cam in your car

Bouzouki said:
Amercian muscle poop sucks.

Imports+++++
o yeah Bouzouki imports suck :hammer:

SaVaGeR21 said:
if your import has a whole bunch of stickers on it, then it is probably really fast. lol :jk:
yeah man those stickers add like 50 Hp man get with the program hahahahaha

american muscle RULES!!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
i think the site should start a poll. Muscle Vs. Import. but I'm with diver, redneckracer1979 and GADawgs33 on this one IMPORTS SUCK. i hate stupid cars that fart down the road. nothing like the sounnd of a big block chevy v-8 compared to a honda 4-cylinder.
Lukas

GADawg ... my statement was just a general description but you are correct. Different types produce at different levels based on pulley as well as blower type (roots or centrifical). Me, I would rather have it up high (for functional use on highway). Others like stump pulling, squirley smoking dual strips laid down at every light ... lol, that's nice too but kinda hard on the gears.

I just find it funny when people slap "bolt ons" and start adding up hp gains from individaul pieces and then get a total to add on to the stock numbers. That's funny .. typical "bench racing" found in the parking lots. They just don't realize that everything works as a whole and sometimes, the gains aren't so good when placed on the dyno. But stickers help the aerodynamic flow ... you should know that by now. Otherwise, why would every street ricer do it? :boxing:

MGTkid, you take after my own heart!

hey diver what happened to your 70 torino? :shrug:
do you realize that the last 5 or 6 post have been by the american muscle guys and the imports have not posted because they can't say anything :argue: I'm just waiting for bouz to come back and stick up for the imports/rice i could sit here all day and argue about this

That 1970 Torino GT? It needed a lot of work and I was a student. I got it running well and took care of the bodywork myself (including the painting). Took about a month to get it reliable and road worthy. 19 years old and an extremely heavy right foot. Man I could lay dual strips all day! Bad part was that it was COMPELETLY non power assisted. No power brakes and 4 drums!, no power steering but gobs of torque for a HiPo 302 4v. I sold it about a year after I go her running very well. She was a basket case that turned into a very rare looker. Even had the manual vent for the ram air in the hood.

GADawg ... do you realize that the kids these days no thing about tuning multiple carbs with points? Everything is fuel injected. Back in the days when I was getting heavily into old cars (had quite a few) we diagnosed and fixed not plug in a diagnostic tool and swap out parts. I wanna see them try to rejet a carb and synchronize a 6 pack, trip power or triple sidedraft webers.

Imports have their "tuners" but muscle car enthusiasts have to do more than plug and play.

Diver6127 said:
GADawg ... do you realize that the kids these days no thing about tuning multiple carbs with points? Everything is fuel injected. Back in the days when I was getting heavily into old cars (had quite a few) we diagnosed and fixed not plug in a diagnostic tool and swap out parts. I wanna see them try to rejet a carb and synchronize a 6 pack, trip power or triple sidedraft webers.
Umm Diver I'm 15 :) and no offense some of the chips now a days are pretty tuff. i honestly have never had to tune a carbed car so i wouldn't know. i still havnt decided what my car is going to be Carbed or fuel injected. :argue: O Yeah i have a 93 Mustang

O yeah your quote should be SOME kids these days dont even about cars at all. all they do is try to act like it but when someone like me ask them question's that they have no clue how to answer! :shrug: hahaha i love doing that.all they freakin want to do is get drunk and smoke weed :smoke: I myself used to do that $hit but it screwed me up so now all i do is work on my car.

Diver6127 said:
Imports have their "tuners" but muscle car enthusiasts have to do more than plug and play.
Whats that mean? sorry I'm a youngin but i do know a lot about cars!

I am talkin about the car'scomputer. Plug in, recurve, reflash, pigtails ... all add-ons for the cars computer. We did everything in the passed with multiple carb setups, rejetting carbs ... all trial and error not flash and reflash programs for the car.

GA, didn't realize you're 15. I never asked so it was just an assumption. Not many young drivers these days are even interested in a muscle car.

BTW, check your local emission laws. Some states will let you convert a carb engine to a fuel injected unit but not vice versa.

This isn't my Torino GT but this is how it looked like stock. Mine was a bright red with the hood intake painted black ... almost in the shape of a Manta ray.
torinogt6zr.jpg

If I had a chance to get one again, I'd get it in a heartbeat ... afer I get a 67 GTO hardtop with the full tripower option.

Last edited:
I'm not mad that you said i was older haha i sort of wish i was so i had the money to work on my car.