Real Fire (How To)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you using, a Badger? That's not an airbrush, it's a small spray gun. Nothing about it is quality.
Unfortunatly yes, I do however a new airbrush on the way with three different needles with a range from a fine line to 2" wide. At the time I could not afford any thing else and for the price I paid I thought it would have done more. The one time I did use it was with a paint mask and it did fine, but it will not work for the real fire technique.

I agree, nice work. Any recent real flame projects you can post?

Any recent real flame or any other extremely cool tecniques? Those flames are absolutely KILLER!!! I need to hunt down the equipmen5 and products but I have w bodies in need of color. I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for posting this!!!

I agree, nice work. Any recent real flame projects you can post?
I havent done any real flames for a while, I am currently doing a woodland camo paint job on a slash lid, and a f100 for my Savage SS that is going through a complete rebuild.

would have never even thought of a 2 liter bottle. will have to try
One other thing I recommend on all lexan that I paint is to scuff the surface to be painted with a green scratch pad. It gives the surface a tooth that the paint can grab onto better IMO.

Surface prep including the scuffing is often overlooked and is one of the most important steps! I Def learned the hard way a long time ago!

Testing is imperative if you're working with any paints or finishes you're unfamiliar with! A few mins to spot check, test procedures etc can save a body or at least spare it from 'plan b'! :hehe: