Real Fire (How To)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about asking questions, I'm happy to help. Yep, after the first coat of white flames, I back it all with orange, then do the next layer of white flames, then back it all with black.

Awesome paint job. I hope to try it sometime soon. Could you possibly do a how to for the "carbon fiber" technique? I've got a rs4 with a skyline lid I was looking to make carbon fiber body panels on once I knew how to do it. The decals just arent the same and lack that wow factor

sure, I will actually be doing some CF on a body here real soon, so while I'm at it I will do a how to.

Thanx. Not to sound too much like a kiss ass but you do have some crazy skills with that airbrush. It would prob be easier to see if you would just paint me 1 but that takes away all the fun (and headaches)! Look forward to the Carbon How To

man that looks amazing. when i get a airbush maybe i will try one . i do have a sugestion though the next time you do a body you should do it step by step video , and i do have a question . how do you attach the design or pattern to the inside of the body espeicaly on the curved surfaces?

i do have a question . how do you attach the design or pattern to the inside of the body espeicaly on the curved surfaces?

You don't, you hold the template in your hand and shoot around the edges, you don't attach it to the body. You actually want it just above the surface to soften the edges a little bit. I know it can be difficult to hold the body, the template, and the airbrush, that's why I use a paint stand from Extreme Standz to hold the body, it makes it much easier.

2-THUMB POSE NCNITRO!!! Glad I decided to stop by & give this thread a look..... JUST AN AWESOME JOB!

That is amazing! I was going to attempt that but instead of regular flame I was going to do olive drab green, tan, and and a light brown but I gave up. Seeing this I think I'm going to give it a go on my new Stampede body.

Question for you @NCNitro did you have to thin out the white to get it to spray correctly? I ask because on my test piece of lexan the white was spraying on super thick and clumpy, and I am worried about backing it with black because that seems like it will cover all the flames and hide them. Sorry if this seems stupid I just do not want to take all the time to do this and potentially ruin a brand new body.

Yeah, you definitely don't want it clumpy, those areas will show as clumpy parts of the flames, you want it to spray as evenly as possible. If you want a brighter part of yellow, make the white heavier, but not clumpy. What type of white are you using?

I have the faskolor white and black that you used. I could not find the orange and yellow so I bought Tamiya Translucent Yellow and the Orange. The piece I tried as a test was bad I think I need to do a major cleaning on my airbrush and do another test piece. Also I did not test with the black backer I used an old spray can of black that I had and it just did not work. Thanks for the reply.

I use pactra, not faskolor, it sprays 100% better, even straight from the bottle. You have to back the spaz stix with a water based black, which spray cans are not, not sure about the tamiya translucent as I have never used them. IMO, due to all the different materials you are using from my write up, I would recommend you do some testing on some scrap lexan or coke bottles first.

That would explain the differance in the black looking terrible. I also figured out that my airbrush does not go to a fine line. It's smallest area it sprays is 3/4" which I think is too big. i am goin to try and find one with a smaller area and pick it up off of e-bay.

What are you using, a Badger? That's not an airbrush, it's a small spray gun. Nothing about it is quality.

What are you saying; we don't need no stinkin' Badgers?

LMAO...
badgers.jpg