RC10GT Stadium Truck Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedFreak15

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm trying to help a friend find an engine for his RC10GT but I'm having trouble finding some. can you help me.

like literally finding one or picking one out?? If your having problems finding one, check out towerhobbies or Rush rc and just type in .15 engine, or picking one out, Id suggest a O.s. Cv-rx .15

I personally dont like the .15 cvrx... i think the os .18tz would be awesome! The Epic .18 is also an awesome engine.. good ratings.. My friend is in the process of putting the epic .18 on his GT...

hmm... I had one in my Rc10gt and liked it.. Was a good little motor. a .18tz would be awesome but there pretty spendy yet. But would still be sweet

Is he going to be racing? or bashing. I say try the 18cv-r...

If you're just looking for an engine to get it rolling and he's new, then get the O.S. .12 CV-X. It's not dangerously fast and its a pretty good engine.

hey, I have a rc10gt and I have a .15 CV (O.S.) engine. The LHS people said that my car is capable of going 35-45 mph when tuned right. I would say that if you are extremely poor, get a .12. If you are about average (like me) go with some .15 engine. If you have some money to throw around (like the slap ma fro ppl) then get whatever you want. I would say .21 at max, otherwise like if you put a .25 in it it would prob just do wheelies off the start. Hope that that helps.
-Pat (redhatman)

bigmo said:
CV-R .12 is all ya need

I'm with Mo on this one. A descent .12 is all ya need for a ST, .15 maybe.....an .18 or larger is a waste of time and $ unless all ya wanna do is wheelies and 360's...then again I can tighten my slipper and pull the front wheels with my .12 and do 360's all day.

A very respectable member of this forum has a rebuilt OS for sale that would be a excellent choice for you RC10.....At a great price to boot!

Mr T

if he's a noobie,why not just stick with the stock Ae.15,it's not fast,i doubt it will wheelie and he'll have a chance to become more famillar with nitro,or if he's surpassed that,then Os.12 or .15 would be nice,or maybe even a fantom.12 if he want's some serious power,.18's are kinda a waste,yet there fun,and you'll never run outta power in a GT.

Hot bodies make's some cheap engine,i can't remeber if they make a .15 though,i know they make .18's though.