what truck is this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubentjeeeee

RC Newbie
Reaction score
i have found an rc monster truck, which i think is made by hpi (the tires and the engine say it). but i can't find which one it is. can you guys (and girls)
IMG_7465.jpg
help?

IMG_7467.jpg

I need some more pics of this rig. I've found a couple of rigs that are similar but I can't find an exact match. The following pics would be helpful:

1) A top down pic of the chassis without the air filter
2) top down view of a tire
3) side view of a tire
4) pics of chassis from different angles

I need some more pics of this rig. I've found a couple of rigs that are similar but I can't find an exact match. The following pics would be helpful:

3) side view of a tire
ok! i can't take pictures right now, i'll have to do it tomorrow. thanks for the reply tho!!

3) side view of a tire
truck 1.jpg

3) side view of a tire
i hope this is enough! if you want more pictures, please ask!

truck 10.jpg

truck 9.jpg

truck 8.jpg

truck 7.jpg

truck 6.jpg

truck 5.jpg

truck 4.jpg

truck 3.jpg

truck 2.jpg

IDK man. I have spent at least two or three hours at this point researching it because the chassis screams OFNA/HoBao/Hong Nor so I thought Id be able to come up with something but I can't find an exact match. The only thing I can thing at this point is its some sort of clone of one of those brands maybe as as such theres very little about the exact kit out there on the web? Hard to say but I can not find an exact match for that kit and I'm generally pretty good at running these types of things down. Good luck with the search. If you happen to figure it out pleasse post back here and let me know if you would. I'm totally curious now.

IDK man. I have spent at least two or three hours at this point researching it because the chassis screams OFNA/HoBao/Hong Nor so I thought Id be able to come up with something but I can't find an exact match. The only thing I can thing at this point is its some sort of clone of one of those brands maybe as as such theres very little about the exact kit out there on the web? Hard to say but I can not find an exact match for that kit and I'm generally pretty good at running these types of things down. Good luck with the search. If you happen to figure it out pleasse post back here and let me know if you would. I'm totally curious now.
thanks so much!! i'll keep you posted on it!
do you recognize any brand in the front suspension? that's the part that's broken

Last edited:
thanks so much!! i'll keep you posted on it!

do you recognize any brand in the front suspension? that's the part that's broken
The kit is very reminiscent of OFNA. HoBao, Hong Nor, and Jammin' are also very similar to OFNA and there is also the possibility of it being a clone of one of those.

You got a picture of the side of the engine and the bottom of the chassis?

here! i took the engine off the chassis to clean it.

motor 1.jpg

motor 2.jpg

motor 3.jpg

motor 4.jpg

motor 5.JPG

motor 6.jpg

motor 7.jpg

Go download an app on your phone called Google Lens. Then you will see what kind of pics you need to help identify it. Pics taken at an angle are no good. You need to be looking directly at the chassis and other components. I would disassemble it and take pics of each part.

That engine has an HPI pullstart on it but the cooling head says Picco .21 so it could be that is a Picco .21 engine with an HPI pullstart on it. or it could be an HPI engine with a Picco colling head on it. Generally Picco and HPI engines will have some branding on the engine block itself which makes me feel like it could just be an amalgamation of parts. I kinda feel like the whole rig may be that way too which is why its proving difficult to ID.

That engine has an HPI pullstart on it but the cooling head says Picco .21 so it could be that is a Picco .21 engine with an HPI pullstart on it. or it could be an HPI engine with a Picco colling head on it. Generally Picco and HPI engines will have some branding on the engine block itself which makes me feel like it could just be an amalgamation of parts. I kinda feel like the whole rig may be that way too which is why its proving difficult to ID.
i've found out which car it is! it turned out to be the protech enigma xtr build kit with some different parts! Now I'm really excited to replace some parts and get it up and running! And really, thanks for all of the help!!

i've found out which car it is! it turned out to be the protech enigma xtr build kit with some different parts! Now I'm really excited to replace some parts and get it up and running! And really, thanks for all of the help!!
Awesome! I'm glad you found out! Id have never found that as I'm not familair with Protech RCs.

Where r u located? I feel like thats not a brand my LHS would have known right off the cuff. Just curious
I'm from the netherlands, i live near den bosch. you probably don't know it. but they didn't have parts for it, since apperently their factory burned down and they went out of business a couple of years ago.