RC Crawling - How to Score a Run?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one I am referring to had the pointy flags, and there were different colored ones on the course, pointing different directions. It was Indonesian or something. But I like the idea of the little balls, since you just move them around. Not sure even a ping pong ball would look right though. I mean if you scale it up it would be the size of a wheel and tire. Maybe I will just print some scale cones. I could put a hole in the top to stick a flag pointing to the course 🤔
You could 3d print skulls for gate markers! ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Last edited:
He can just 3d print half balls or work cones
true...ping pong balls were just the smallest hollow balls I could think of. Didnt even think about 3D printing something lol

I am the exact way. I enjoy watching them but have no desire to participate. Alone in the mountains is my idea of fun.. :)
One of these days Ill build a crawler to try it out but one of the main reasons is because I feel like without being in a comp with a goal I wouldnt have that much fun. That being siad i might have a change of heart one day once i actually try it.

I don’t think I will ever actually compete. But there is a group of guys at the local dam spillway. They did things that my rig would not. So then when I can I start building a comp rig .

I don’t think I will ever actually compete. But there is a group of guys at the local dam spillway. They did things that my rig would not. So then when I can I start building a comp rig .
If I ever do decide to go 1/10 scale crawler I'll most likely build an MOA comp rig just in case I actually want to compete

I'll never compete but if I did, it would be class 1 which is pretty much entry level.
The wife and I enjoy every minute of it and it's a ton of fun mapping out your line and actually climb it.

I'll never compete but if I did, it would be class 1 which is pretty much entry level.
The wife and I enjoy every minute of it and it's a ton of fun mapping out your line and actually climb it.
Maybe part of my problem is theres just not much in the way of rocky terrain around me so its hard to get excited about it?

We do have a state park about 30-40 minutes from me. I wonder if theres anything back in there that would be suitable? Might have to check that out one of these days

I have a park near my house. There are trails all over and some deer trails that go straight up some ridiculous hills. Giving them a go with a trail rig is fun and the filming for videos and photos is really good.

true...ping pong balls were just the smallest hollow balls I could think of. Didnt even think about 3D printing something lol
Could go super stupid, simple and just use small marshmallows .
MOA comp crawlers just have no appeals for me any more these days. I need my rc crawlers to look like an everyday vehicle. I don't even really care for class 2 all that much.

One of these days Ill build a crawler to try it out but one of the main reasons is because I feel like without being in a comp with a goal I wouldnt have that much fun. That being siad i might have a change of heart one day once i actually try it.
Knowing you for a short time, I feel that you would be better suited with a rock racer, such as an Axial Wraith or Capra, as your first crawler. Something you can crawl and bash with. Something like this will allow you to get an idea if the slow crawl thing would work for you.

Knowing you for a short time, I feel that you would be better suited with a rock racer, such as an Axial Wraith or Capra, as your first crawler. Something you can crawl and bash with. Something like this will allow you to get an idea if the slow crawl thing would work for you.
He already has his first crawler. He just has to open the box. Hoping he has already, and just not told us 😉

Ok, I have no idea what's up, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.
He shared in the what did you buy thread. He got an SCX24 B17 Betty, but he was thinking of sticking it on a shelf in the box.

Tennis balls here as well @Greywolf74

A5b43CY.jpg

I have been eyeballing the Ryft and the Bomber and I'm trying to figure out if I can fit a Castle 8200kv motor in Betty lol

He already has his first crawler. He just has to open the box. Hoping he has already, and just not told us 😉
I'm ordering parts for it so shes gonna free of all that restrictive cardboard soon. I'm doing a brushless conversion for sure. lol

Back