RC Crawling - How to Score a Run?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom line is, do whatever makes it fun for you personally, since that's the only person you have to please, unless your name is @Tunedpipe then your wife's crawler better be what she likes!
The wife resembles that remark hahaha.

Thats what I was gonna do with the Ryft or the Bomber. Mod it to 6S
The Ryft has severe torque twist. If you buy the kit version it comes with a sway bar, but even vids I have seen of it the body still tweaks pretty hard on launch.

Last edited:
The Ryft has sever torque twist. If you buy the kit version it comes with a sway bar, but even vids I have seen of it the body still tweaks pretty hard on launch.
Theres a mod for putting dual shocks on teh back that supposed to work better than the sway bar at countering that...or was that in conjunction with the sway bar? can't remember now

The Ryft has sever torque twist. If you buy the kit version it comes with a sway bar, but even vids I have seen of it the body still tweaks pretty hard on launch.
Not sure what axles it has. The ar44 on the 10.2 is supposed to be less torque twisting then the original scx10. I want to say the new axles like the trx4 eliminates it more.

You know what would make cool trail markers? Miniature versions of those inflatable wiggling guys like they use at car lots and stuff. 🤣
And if you touch one your rig blows up!

Maybe I could work a couple in at the finish line with an aquarium air pump 🤔

As someone else already mentioned torque twist is an issue. Not to mention, I don't think the axles will survive 6s. I've ran the Wraith on 4s a couple of times, and it's ludicrous speed, 3s was my usual go to.
Yep, If I were to do that Id run the double rear shock mod and sway bar and I dont doubt that 6S will break stuff in the drive line. If I couldnt beef it up enough Id back it down to 4S or whatever it would handle. I just want to do it to say I did it lol

Yep, If I were to do that Id run the double rear shock mod and sway bar and I dont doubt that 6S will break stuff in the drive line. If I couldnt beef it up enough Id back it down to 4S or whatever it would handle. I just want to do it to say I did it lol
Understood, nothing wrong with that. I run Creeper Bob Ti axles in the back of my wraith. The Pro4 snapped a stock one like a toothpick. 😁

It has a really soft suspension on it to fly over rocks. So beefing it up with some heavier springs and shock oil would probably work wonders.

Back