RC car only goes backwards

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadedburger

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I found an old RC car in my shed (it’s about 10 years old) And while trying to reset the throttle I must have changed something so now it only goes backwards! I’ve tried reciting the esc but no luck. And the switch on the controller to reverse the throttle it goes full throttle backwards! If somebody can help that would be great

is it a brushed motor? if so, then swap the polarity between the 2 motor wires ;)
The wires are soldered in place so I can’t reverse them. Is there something I can do on the esc?

The wires are soldered in place so I can’t reverse them. Is there something I can do on the esc?
Yes. If the ESC is programmable, and if it has a motor direction setting, you can change it to CW or CCW depending which one it is on now. Most ESCs are programmable either by the button on the ESC, or a program card from that brand

soldering is pretty simple, if the ESC doesn't have any custom programming options then re-soldering the wires with correct polarity will be the easiest route, just be sure to invest in an iron with a chisel tip that is wider than the wire you are working with ;)

Reverse motor direction? You can do it via ESC. Or you can switch around 1 of the motor wires.
Yes. If the ESC is programmable, and if it has a motor direction setting, you can change it to CW or CCW depending which one it is on now. Most ESCs are programmable either by the button on the ESC, or a program card from that brand
Thank you it works now!