Flysky GT3B throttle backwards

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normrdz300

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,
More questions about FS-GT3B... First, thanks for your help with my questions this fourm is so helpful. So I got the flysky set up for my 2.5 Tmaxx, Found out that I need a new steering servo...Got all the binding done and channels set up but my throttle is backwards? When I pull the trigger back it applies the brake and when I push the trigger forward it opens and closes the carb slide. Something I am missing here? All the years I've been playing with these RC's I've always used factory controllers and receivers, Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, I just want to learn and get it right
Also any reccommendations on a good steering servo?
thanks again

Go into channel 2 settings in the radio and reverse the channel.

If you want cheap, there are 35kg servos on Amazon that are decent for around $30. If you have a bit more in the budget you can look at Savox or Hitec servos on Amain. You will be best with something with less than .1 speed and the higher the torque the better. Yours will be a standard sized servo I believe, but best to take measurements and compare. There are lots of servos out there, so shop around.

Hey guys,
More questions about FS-GT3B... First, thanks for your help with my questions this fourm is so helpful. So I got the flysky set up for my 2.5 Tmaxx, Found out that I need a new steering servo...Got all the binding done and channels set up but my throttle is backwards? When I pull the trigger back it applies the brake and when I push the trigger forward it opens and closes the carb slide. Something I am missing here? All the years I've been playing with these RC's I've always used factory controllers and receivers, Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, I just want to learn and get it right
Also any reccommendations on a good steering servo?
thanks again
What servo is in the Tmaxx now. The stock traxxas one? It all depends on the amount you want to spend.

You can't go wrong with a Savox servo. When it comes to MT you need a high tourqe servo. Your not looking to the speed like you would with buggies or truggies..

What servo is in the Tmaxx now. The stock traxxas one? It all depends on the amount you want to spend.

You can't go wrong with a Savox servo. When it comes to MT you need a high tourqe servo. Your not looking to the speed like you would with buggies or truggies..
I called Amain and they recommended the Ecopower WP120T so I ordered it with the protek alum. servo horn.
I called Amain and they recommended the Ecopower WP120T so I ordered it with the protek alum. servo horn.
And yes, It had the stock traxxas servo, It was very weak

And yes, It had the stock traxxas servo, It was very weak
Yeah, theyre going to recommend that brand because thats an Amain house brand. Call me crazy but I dont like asking sales people for recommendations because they only ever sell you whats good for the company, not whats good for you. Sometimes those two can overlap though so I hope thats the case here. :)

Never used one myself. I can't speak to their quality. Id be interested to know if anyone else has experience with them and how good they are.

I only used one ecopower servo before, it was their 827 micro servo for my mini b, burnt it up in 2 runs, I think it was my fault as I was using a servo horn instead of the stock servo saver, and a too long of a screw which broke the case. I seen people use ecopower without any issues for 1/10 buggies and short course and such.

I have the Ecopower 827 in our SCX24. It's a little beast. It doesn't have much run time, but so far so good.

I only used one ecopower servo before, it was their 827 micro servo for my mini b, burnt it up in 2 runs, I think it was my fault as I was using a servo horn instead of the stock servo saver, and a too long of a screw which broke the case. I seen people use ecopower without any issues for 1/10 buggies and short course and such.
one of my buddies has the same servo in his without any problems, another reason I could have burnt it is that I was using the stock radio and could not set EPAs, and same thing with the stock spektrum that I had. Right now I use savox for it and its been working perfectly.

one of my buddies has the same servo in his without any problems, another reason I could have burnt it is that I was using the stock radio and could not set EPAs, and same thing with the stock spektrum that I had. Right now I use savox for it and its been working perfectly.
I just installed ... Time will tell