Purchased a USED Nitro r/c when it is started the wheels start turning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mijo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
All,

I Traded a electric for a Nitro HPI and when i start it the wheels are turning so i think i will need to go through the tuning process but what is the quick fix so i can at least run it where it isn't trying to go so i can start tuning it

adjust the idal screw
there should be a 1mm gap in the carb when u take the air filter off and look down in there

Turn the throttle trim to 0. Then start the truck off the ground and turn the idle down until the wheels stop turning.

And what truck do you have? A savage i assuming?

Sounds like the clutch spring might be broken..that is if the idle is not set too high.

Yeah, after adjusting your idle to where it needs to be, if the wheels are still turning check your clutch springs. They may be worn out or broken.

I had a similar problem on a truggy. I got it tuned to where it needed to be but the wheels would still spin a bit. Turns out the stock clutch springs were very weak and the shoes would grab too early. Changing over to some nice aluminum shoes & racing springs made a huge difference.

i took off the clutch housing and it does appear to be a spring problem. thanks for the info

Back