Pull start Jams when installing Glow Plug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcelorib

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name’s is Marcelo and as you can see I’m a newbie with Nitro RC.So upfront I apologize if I’m not familiarized with the parts names or if my English don’t sound perfect.

Few months ago a my brother passed away and he left me with his Hyperspeed Encore ( we were planning to work on it together as a hobbie in between beers but unfortunately the plans has changed).
I didn’t knew anything about Nitro RC until starting to work on this project in his memory.
First I had to restore the radio that had old batteries inside it, so as able to open it up and clean and dirty inside and put it back to work.

after that I saw that the engine didn’t had a pull start, so I bought a new one and installed it properly after long hours of YouTube and dirty hands , and to be honest I felt great with that. 😅

while I was installing the pull start I removed the glow plug to clean the engine that was stuck , maybe because the long time sitting with dust on it, and then when I replaced a new glo plug the pull start jams and doesn’t roll back on , making it impossible to start.

I already tried to leave the plug loose a little bit, I checked if I was not flooding the engine, I changed the filter, I’ve primed the engine as instructed but nothing worked here. If I put the plug in place , jams the brand new pull start.
What am I missing here , ? I don’t thing the engine is dead because it sounds and fells perfect without the plug. The fuel lines are running perfectly, I checked the them by blowing the lines inside and out 🤢.

I know the Hyperspeed Encore is probably the worst recommendation on a Nitro RC but I would love to make it start in honor to my brother.

please, any help would be really appreciated.

Hi everyone, my name’s is Marcelo and as you can see I’m a newbie with Nitro RC.So upfront I apologize if I’m not familiarized with the parts names or if my English don’t sound perfect.

Few months ago a my brother passed away and he left me with his Hyperspeed Encore ( we were planning to work on it together as a hobbie in between beers but unfortunately the plans has changed).
I didn’t knew anything about Nitro RC until starting to work on this project in his memory.
First I had to restore the radio that had old batteries inside it, so as able to open it up and clean and dirty inside and put it back to work.

after that I saw that the engine didn’t had a pull start, so I bought a new one and installed it properly after long hours of YouTube and dirty hands , and to be honest I felt great with that. 😅

while I was installing the pull start I removed the glow plug to clean the engine that was stuck , maybe because the long time sitting with dust on it, and then when I replaced a new glo plug the pull start jams and doesn’t roll back on , making it impossible to start.

I already tried to leave the plug loose a little bit, I checked if I was not flooding the engine, I changed the filter, I’ve primed the engine as instructed but nothing worked here. If I put the plug in place , jams the brand new pull start.
What am I missing here , ? I don’t thing the engine is dead because it sounds and fells perfect without the plug. The fuel lines are running perfectly, I checked the them by blowing the lines inside and out 🤢.

I know the Hyperspeed Encore is probably the worst recommendation on a Nitro RC but I would love to make it start in honor to my brother.

please, any help would be really appreciated.

Try pre-heating the engine with a heat gun ,you can get a heat gun at a Harbor freight or Home-depo
hardware store pretty cheap!
The engine may still need to be broke in ,as a new engine will have a very tight pinch on the sleeve
that the piston pushes up in ,so by heating the engine it will allow the sleeve to expand an help the
engine start easier ,also ,if the engine's carb. was never tuned off of the break-in ,then the overly
rich setting can make the engine harder to start!..:cool:

Back