Post pictures of your Drifters!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelseafc385

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Since theres been a lot more interest in drifters, i thought i would start a picture thread! :)

Heres my Tamiya TT01
It has a nissan 350z body shell.
003.gif

002.gif

006.gif

007.gif

I had to buy a new reciever and transmitter because it didnt have very long range and it was down to the other ones not being very good or have gotten wet.

So start posting your drift cars, i want to see what you got! :D

Last edited:
electric?!! Jk jk. I'm actually thinking of buying my girlfriend some kind of drifter just don't know which one.. Looks good!

My Beater:
(check my intro thread for why its my beater)

Aluminum stuff here and there.
.15 H.O Motor from a HPI Nitro Rush EVO. Fully rebuilt, almost all new parts except clutch bell and motor block.
Tuned Pipe
Had a bunch of stuf on it, i took off, like servos and had T tires on it last week, but i drifted with them so much, they almost when to the rims :hehe:

JUST took these pics for this thread :)
0211091453.jpg

0211091455.jpg

0211091457.jpg

0211091458.jpg

0211091459.jpg

And yes thats tape around the battery bc, i dont feel like getting it wet just in case. Also tape on body bc the paint is coming off. bc I'm an idiot and used the wrong paint. :D

I got the volk work miensters too, but no tires lol

electric?!! Jk jk. I'm actually thinking of buying my girlfriend some kind of drifter just don't know which one.. Looks good!

Yep :) i prefer electric, i find it better because you can use it wherever theres flat concrete without annoying people like you do electric.

I may be able to help you with what car you could get her, are you looking for electric or nitro?

Also, speak to ohmygahitscoby he'll be able to help you with choosing one aswell since he's really into drifting. He'll probably turn up here sooner or later. :)

Allright, guess I'll join in the fun! This is when I first built her. She's had a couple of minor upgrades but my photo software is being a biaa.

th_100_0512.jpg

th_100_0513.jpg

th_100_0514.jpg

I really like hpi, is there some kind of drift kit I could buy and put together? Electric would be better for her.

coby is that a sticker on the back of the shell or did you paint it on?

That RX8 body looks SWEET in white!

I really like hpi, is there some kind of drift kit I could buy and put together? Electric would be better for her.

They also make the Tamiya TT01 kit aswell, but you have to buy the batteries and reciever aswell i think. Also you need to paint the bodyshell.

Coby, that thing is just plain sick! What kind of tires are you running?

My X-Ray T1 only real mods is the Yokomo 15T Drift motor.

SANY5094Small.jpg

SANY5098Small.jpg

SANY5099Small.jpg

SANY5101Small.jpg

SANY5056Small.jpg

Is that motor any good?

I'm looking at getting another motor for mine, because when i put on my normal on-road tires it doesn't feel fast enough. What do you think is the lowest turn motor that i could get without it being to uncontrollably quick for drifting?

coby is that a sticker on the back of the shell or did you paint it on?

That RX8 body looks SWEET in white!
Thanks! The sticker came with some Sushi drift tires (eBay) that I bought a while back. I think HPI makes drift stickers that also have I <3 drifting on it.

The RX8 looks sweet in the picture, but you should see what it looks like now. Hella beat up from a crash I accidentally did :(.

Coby, that thing is just plain sick! What kind of tires are you running?
Thanks man! I'm using T-Drifts and plan to stick with using them forever. They work real good on my LHS's new floor (They layed down something that is kinda like carpet, but it's really thin and easy to drift on w/ T-Drifts).

What do you think is the lowest turn motor that i could get without it being to uncontrollably quick for drifting?
I could probably think the lowest should be 15T, but yeah that is pretty dang quick. If you think you can handle it, try it. I run a 13.5 brushless, which is equivalent to a 27T, but I definitely feel I should go a bit lower to keep up with some cars at my track. 27T is definitely good for some smooth drifting and decently fast speed on straightaways, but for something a faster you can try even 20T.

Hey were you able to fix that crackling paint problem?

lol no its like half gone now.

I'm going to try the brake fluid thing on it and just re paint it with actual lexan paint.

I'm running the D1M too and I like it but it's much harder to make a drift look nice with the added power. I do like the torque consistency throughout throttle. I've also burned up my first set of tires. They're so thin now that they grip.lol

I'm running the D1M too and I like it but it's much harder to make a drift look nice with the added power. I do like the torque consistency throughout throttle. I've also burned up my first set of tires. They're so thin now that they grip.lol
LOL! Nice. What tires were you running?

Back