Stick or pistol for drift.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MunchATG

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, first post here so bear with me!
Just curious as to what the drifters amongst yourselves prefer for a handset. I have used both and find due to starting in scale rc boats that I was reluctant to try out a pistol grip box, until I got an mt2 back in the distant past and it is great for normal driving but I'm looking to get back into the electrics just for noise issues really seeing as my old room mate skipped my old ff01 that had been so modded it was unreal and a beautiful full carbon yokomo world cup. Drifting looks fun so I thought I would try to pick up the tamiya r34 d spec. Sorry for rambling but in short, do you guys and girls prefer stick or pistol for drift? Sorry for waffling. Peace

Stick for the boats, planes and helis. Wheel radio for anything ground based. That's on-road, off-road, crawlers and motorcycles.

Yeah wouldn't fancy a heli with a pistol really! Only ask cos I have tried drifting with stick and it feels fairly natural although that could be cos I've played far too much need for speed!

I started with planes so a stick radio was the first one I used. When I bought my first used electric RC car it didn't have a radio so I used the stick unit. It was quite a while before I could comfortably transition over to the wheel radio.