Post pictures of your Drifters!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I'm not sure. They're the ones off my redcat. I bought them over a year ago and they were still brand new. Yokomo something. I've still got the ones that came with the TT01.

Were they Yokomo drift tires? That's pretty weird that they wore down so quickly, even with a torquey motor.

Prolly has a little something to do with the surface too. Yes they were drift tires.

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about the surface. I usually run mine on like carpet or smooth cement, lol.

Rough asphalt! They poured a new lot down the street that I'm just itching to go run on.

I could probably think the lowest should be 15T, but yeah that is pretty dang quick. If you think you can handle it, try it. I run a 13.5 brushless, which is equivalent to a 27T, but I definitely feel I should go a bit lower to keep up with some cars at my track. 27T is definitely good for some smooth drifting and decently fast speed on straightaways, but for something a faster you can try even 20T.

Thanks for the help. At the moment i think I've got a 19t motor, will my gear setup have a lot of effect on my car?

My brothers TT01 has the same turn motor as mine but his is quite a lot faster than mine. Is this down to the gearing?

HPI Sprint 2 Drift kit, Novak SLYDR Brushless Drift system (7.5t), 2S 5200mAh LiPo 25C hardpack, Yokomo drift tires/wheels and wing, Eagle Racing disc brakes.

:whhooo: I'm jealous.

Amoeba, that car really came out nice! I like it!

Here's a couple of pics of my chasis with the upgrades so far.
th_100_0537.jpg

th_100_0538.jpg

Back