Poor Mans' Car Stand

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I was the only one that farted around in the shop
20210510_052806.jpg
this early hahah just had to see how the new springs look on truck b4 work

I had to get one cuz I was getting really annoyed at dropping screws and having them bounce off the desk and then trying to find them. This whole mat is magnetized so when you drop a screw it just sticks lol
I like working on a sheet of padded drawer liner. Similar to the one used in mechanic's tool boxes. They are cushioned, so small rc screws that are dropped onto them, hardly have any bounce left.

Thats another good idea man thanks. I got that stuff at home. will have to roll some out tonight. never thought of useing a mat on my bench

Thats another good idea man thanks. I got that stuff at home. will have to roll some out tonight. never thought of useing a mat on my bench
What's cool is that the lazy susan is lined with a similar material.

I really like the eye level part, it's hard enough to see with bifocals, I'll take all the help I can get. :)

Now, if I can just figure out a poor man's car lift for doing oil changes to my 1:1 cars
https://www.maxjax.com/maxjax
or if you're looking for something cheaper and eaiser
https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/

I really like the eye level part, it's hard enough to see with bifocals, I'll take all the help I can get. :)
Man, I know that feeling. You know you're getting old when you have to bust out the magnifying glass to read fine print lol

Or soom in on phone and take pictures hahahahaha

I'll be headed to the store to pick that stuff up. Great idea
Thanks!

Just an fyi: with the weight of the vehicles, the lower tier, of the lazy susan, was dragging a bit. So, I ShooGoo popsicle sticks on the spinning disc underneath the tier. This provided just enough lift to compensate for the slight sag, and now it spins nice and smooth.

Back