Poor Mans' Car Stand

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
$1 pool noodle connector and a $6 double tier lazy Susan.
0508211251.jpg
0508211248b.jpg

0508211248_Burst01.jpg

That's actually genius! :thumbs-up:
Thank you, Sir!

I was actually only looking for the single tier, but the discount store only had the double. I bought it anyway. Turns out, I like it even better. I like the extra storage space, and it's actually nice having the vehicle at nearly eye level.

Id much rather use that than one of those plastic pieces of junk you had next to it. I used to have one just like that and I hated it. I just ordered an aluminum one this morning in fact that is supposed to be able to not only turn but also raise and lower. I'm hoping I have better luck with it or I may resort to making one of these myself :)

Id much rather use that than one of those plastic pieces of junk you had next to it. I used to have one just like that and I hated it. I just ordered an aluminum one this morning in fact that is supposed to be able to not only turn but also raise and lower. I'm hoping I have better luck with it or I may resort to making one of these myself :)
That blue manufactured one is fine for smaller 1/10 scale stuff, but larger stuff just wobbles. Also, it has no height adjustments which really blows! I've had to use a section of 2x4, between the stand and the vehicle, to clear those monster tires off the table.

This is the stand I use .fits my Tmaxx 3.3 fine.not sure but might fit the 1/5 scale it has a good adjustment range
20210509_142114.jpg

Definitely will be using this idea for stands.To keep the tiers up while not bashing. AWESOME idea Xraycer.

Definitely will be using this idea for stands.To keep the tiers up while not bashing. AWESOME idea Xraycer.
Thanks!
I like that there's a lot of room, in the lower tier, to keep screws/parts separated into groups.

Yeah man that's always a plus haven space for screws etc. I always have screws rolling around the bench. hahaha

CowRC magnetic pit mats are good for making sure screws dont roll around on your bench! Shameless plug for Heath lol

Will have to look into that. Never thought of putting down a pit mat. I'm a jack wagon 🤪 thanks

Used my new PM car stand tonight to do a like wrenching on the Redcat Gen8. Works great!
I was modifying the front steering linkages, and it was so nice to work with things at nearly eye level. The trays has cushioned pads and a lip to make sure those screws and parts stays securely where you've put them.

Ok, guys, I'm going to be selling this product. It will retail for $49.99, due to the heavy research and development aspect of the product.😸

Oh yeah that is nice. Like the little individual compartments at the bottom. Definitely going to look that up today. thank man

Oh yeah that is nice. Like the little individual compartments at the bottom. Definitely going to look that up today. thank man
I had to get one cuz I was getting really annoyed at dropping screws and having them bounce off the desk and then trying to find them. This whole mat is magnetized so when you drop a screw it just sticks lol

Oh Yeah thats very annoying when they drop and roll away and hide. Then the hunt begins hahahah. Looking that up today.thanks for the tip appreciate it

Back