Police vs Traxxas T-Maxx & neighbor = Fine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3. Orderd to GIVE & SURRENDER my RIG's "ALL 4 of them" to the local Police Dept for a 20 day inpoundment

i have never heard of such BS ! glad you got your fine reduced, but having to give up your rigs for 20 days is pretty bogus !

Last edited:
Ask the insurance company can you do their lawn care for free...then use a gas blower, weed eater, lawn mower etc. and make sure that you do a great job that takes all day. Also, do it 2-5 times a week.

Ask the insurance company can you do their lawn care for free...then use a gas blower, weed eater, lawn mower etc. and make sure that you do a great job that takes all day. Also, do it 2-5 times a week.

Now that's a great idea!

when ANY one says you are wrong to the police you are hosed. you see the police can NEVER be wrong, one its said you are hosed. i spend lots of time looking for a bashing spots. and there are lots of empty lots, here.

There was a guy on the Baja forum that put his pipe off his SS on his weed eater. That's what I'd do. :hehe:

I would do it for free just to make all the noise and piss the ole hag off and know that she couldnt do a damn thing about it!

I think rcnitrotalk should start a legal defence fund for it's members. everybody puts in $15.00 and when you get in trouble it helps pay for a lawyer.(for rc related offences)

You got he ticket last night and went to court today ? where do you live in Mayberry.?I don't know anywhere that the system works that quick.
if you do fight it and get to go back to court ask if the dog has the same issues when they do get there lawn cut ? does that make her dog go nuts and not be able to breath. If your truck does it so would the lawn mower weed eater and blower. Does she call the cops on the company that does the work. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys Thanks for all your support I am very happy I have gotten alot of comment's.. Well To my Suprise once I got the the Police Headquarters the Officer said the Judge called & recended his decision on the inpoundment & dident have to give up my RIG's.. I was glad for that but still gotta pay the fine though... I live in PA & yes your right BALLEN it useally take's longer to see a Judge But I went to the Courthouse on my Free will because I dident want the charges @ all.. It really sucks I gotta pay a FINE & my R/C's got me introuble with neighbor but she's the type of neighbor that will gripe about anything & everything. I will pay the fine when I get my next paycheck & just run my R/C's elesware I was told buy ins co I dident have to leave & still have permission.. But I told them thanks but dont want anymore problems with neighbor & SHE would ONLY call the COP's on me anyway on the account of her DOG beleve me guys I am totaly PEEVED about this hole thing but hey the order was lifed that I dident have to give up my trucks the COP said the judge said he recended his decision by LAW he can't take them because a crime wasent commited with the R/C's So life goes on But I do THANK EVERY R/C'er that supported me in this post

THANKS GUY"S

I'm just happy she is not my neighbor ..lol...she would regret it ...i would mow my lawn every day and i would make sure to have a loud mower and a loud 2 stroke weed trimmer :hehe:

and ya ..they had no right to take your rigs ..like they said , they were not used in a crime ...glad you at least didnt have to give them ..but the 50$ fine still sucks

Pay the fine and let it go man. Go find another place to run. OR.....go buy a 5th scale and kidnap her dog and duct tape it to the truck and take it for a ride! I told the chick next door that if I caught her cat running around in my back yard again I was going to tape it to my XTM Mammoth and take it for a ride. Now she keeps it inside. hahahahahaha..................

If I were u I'd run my electric car several times a day, insure the dogs bark, take a video on ur phone of the dog barking. Make sure the electric car is not to be seen after that. When the cops rock up. Say u never took the rc out and her dogs are just barking at nothing. Police will soon enough start ignoring her calls or u take her to court for noisy dog disturbing ur peice and quiet and it's giving you headaches.

I hate people like that and I'd make them pay for that kinda crap. Common sense these days doesn't exist so I like the make the people that don't have it drink from there own cup sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should go to the field with a kite and see if that's ok or will that upset the dog as well.
If people are riding their bicycles through my neighborhood and it upsets my dog how is that their problem.

Sweet. I'm the first. Sorry but over here in aus the feeling is mutual. Iv taken the police to court and won against them directly as they tried taking me to court for unlicensed driving. I ended up walking out with a $1000 cheque from the police so I was pretty happy with that. Not the first time it's happened either.

When it comes to cops I respect them to a point. If they start being dirt bags they can expect it back from me, if they wanna take it to court they can bring it. I'm not scared of them.

But anyway. Back to topic. The fine sucks and loosing ur bashing spot sucks even more. Hopefully u can either have a talk to the old lady and Come to an agreed time to bash when she has he dog inside or just get her dog in trouble for barking.

Last edited:
Maybe you should ship her a womans toy that goes buzz, buzzz. This way she might have a better attitude but it's very unlikely. Good luck finding a new spot and glad to hear you atleast got the fine reduced.

I would go buy a nitro heli and hover it over her backyard!

^^^excellent idea!! Break out a T-Rex heli and hide while you buzz the yard! Hover over her house till she goes back in and buzz yard again. She wont know what the heck is going on.

I would say that I would fight the ticket in court. I would also call the police on the old bag if her dog barks, she starts her car or even farts.

I still say this is the best revenge, especially since the judge says that you can't have any contact with her. Or tell them when you call that you've seen your Dr. and he says that not being allowed to run your rigs is causing you stress and raising your blood pressure. Make sure that you actually get a note from your doctor showing this.

This is what happened to me in a similar situation. Maybe it can help you. When I lived in Orlando, FL I happened to stay close to a retirement community. One day I am running my nitro rigs outside (at the time I owned none that were electric.) I would mainly do street runs, between 12 ish and 8pm as to keep the annoyance to others down to a minimum, and to try to avoid trouble.

I had been running my RCs for months in the same area by this time. An older lady (50s+) came to me and started yelling at me telling me to shut them off and etc. I told her to goto hell and call the cops. I showed her the house i lived in and went to my driveway, and started running my savage. (It was the loudest I owned at that time) The police showed up, and i turned off my rc to speak with them. I told the cop the lady down the street called and he should talk to her first. I then fired my rig back up and started running it while he was talking to the lady to make sure he saw exactly what I was doing.

After speaking with her he came over to me and said she was complaining because the sound startled her birds. I stated that I had no idea why she complained at first, because when she came to talk to me all she did was yell and threaten me with calling the police, and thats why you are here. I told the cop that I didnt mind not running it during certain times or doing what needed to be done so everyone was happy. He told me that since I was running them in a public street that he could ticket me for that, but otherwise I was doing nothing wrong as far as he could see.

We came to an agreement that I would just inform her that I was going to run my RCs for a bit before I did so she could do what she needed to do for her birds. I was happy with this outcome.

(Believe me when i say I look nothing like a good citizen so to speak, I'm all tattooed and pierced) So in the end the lady with the complaint and I were happy. In the future when dealing with police always try to work it out, instead of trying to lock horns with them.

Finally I wanted to add that If you know that the owner of the property also owns the insurance Co, get a letter from them stating you had permission to be there, and that can remove the trespassing charge, as far as the failure to obey a LEO Its a grey area, because they probably didnt record it, and if they did I bet they never specified nitro or electric, If I were you, I would fight it tooth and nail just because. Remember if the officer who issued the ticket fails to show in court its automatically dropped.

This is just my 2 cents on what happened to ya and some advice on how to deal with the same situation in the future.

Last edited:
Back