Police vs Traxxas T-Maxx & neighbor = Fine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK Guy's listen to this... I am out running my T-MAXX in a lightly dirt coverd & gravel & some part's grass area 2 doors away from my house.. The said area is behind a Insurance Co Office that sell's various policy's to PPL.. I asked the Office Manger awile back if I can use the Back for running my Rig's She said she & her partner's working there diden't see a problem with it as long as I ran my RIG's AFTER OFFICE HRS & Weekend's " Awesome ".. Well last night the Neighboring House to mine the lady comes out & says to stop running it's upsetting the dog I kindly said Sorry about that.. So I move away about 150ft & 10min later the lady "now alittle ticked off" say's STOP you are upsetting my dog I said take you Dog inside to stop barking she then say's to me its her Property I said I know but I ant NO where near her land.. So she say's I am going to call the POLICE I just said GO AHEAD I ANT DOING ANYTING WRONG... & I have permission to run my Rig's back hear.. So 5min later the POLICE show up 2 cars & 2 officers.. I kept running the officer says to me what's the problem hear I said NOTHING "Flora" the neighbor call'ed you guy's...
5 min later the Officer tell's me & STOP Running my Rig " I did " & says I am harrasing her Dog I said NO I ant her dog just doesent like the sound of the Nitro engine So I am insturcted to stop running my Nitro T-Maxx... So the Police leave I break out out my Electric powerd Bullet & again Dog goes nut's Police are BACK again NOT EVEN AN HR goes buy & now the Cop's are ticked off & the officer say's I thought I told you to stop I said I did STOP running my MAXX this is a different Truck... Well "Flora" said I am stressing out her Dog & it started "Dog" having breathing problems & shes Pressing Charges So I get slapped with a $142.00 defiant tresspass fine & dissobeying a Law Enforcment Officer to Cese my actions.. I was ticked off I said the the officer You said to STOP running my MAXX & making noise YOU NEVER said I couldent run my Electric powerd Rigs when you guys left the 1st time.. Well the officer said I am still getting the FINE as he's writeing the ticket & this partner says if I don't calm down I am getting arrested for disorder conduct. :angry:

wow man its sad what the world has cmoe too man
a guy can't even runa rc car in peace now adays....just sad
i can kinda understand her point but if your that far away then she should jus shut up and mind her own buisness

sorry about the fine man

just sounds like the lady had a bad day and decided to make you pay for upsetting her baby.I have four dogs and mine go crazy and try to attack the trucks even if it is electric .I think it has something to do with the frequience of sound that the electric put off .but she should have taken the dog inside ,and I don't think you will have to pay the fine if you talk to the property manager and get a letter saying they gave you permission to run your rigs there. Any body can tell the cops they have permission to run there rigs somewhere but with out written permission ,,,well you know what happens.

same as hunting you have to have written permission to hunt on privite property and you must carry the letter with you and it has to have a phone # on it so the DnR or the cops in your case can contact them.But that sucks man

Why would you get a fine for running an electric car. I wonder what happens to the dog when she tries to vacuum the house or use a hair dryer. Or any electrical device for that matter.

Yeah that does suck. I run in a park near my house and thank god I don't have your problem. Once in a great while the neighbors will snicker but that's it. Maybe if you have a place to run that's further away it may help the situation. We have the town of Amherst that has a strict noise ordinance code and will fine you even at the middle of the day. I think if you go to court with that letter and present your case to the judge you might be able to walk away without paying a dime. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Sorry about your fine and i dont agree with the woman a bit! I'm a dog lover and consider my bassett my only child and if something is bothering him he comes inside with me. If the dog was bothered by the sound then she should have let him inside! She just wants to play the part of the typical life hating old bag and cause you or anyone else the same misery she suffers. In every neighborhood there is some ole bag who makes trouble for everyone and gets in everyones business. Guess you just met yours. I would go back out with the header off the tmaxx and run it again just to piss her off more. Of course i would be calling someone to get me out of jail afterwards but thats just me.

It would appear that the dog gets stressed out over other people. That said I wouldnt even run a rig but just stand on the edge of the property that you have permission to be on and stare in the dogs direction. Dont say anything but just stare at it. I have a similar neighbor and find creative ways to annoy without breaking the law. SHe calls the cops on us at least 2x a year because of birthday/anniversaru parties we throw. Its not that were loud as much as were the younger couple in an older couple neighborhood. Stand your ground and if me I would fight the ticket.

Wow that sucks man. Let us know what the judge says.

Wow if it were me I would have taken my motocross bike to her place and started riding that :) shed love that

I'm just curious how it's trespassing if you have permission from the property owners. I'm the one in my apartment building that makes noise complaints and during the day, unless the stuff is extremely loud (rock concert loud) I'll cut my neighbors a break. After hours during the town's "quiet time" (after 10 p.m.), I will complain if I can hear it for a long period of time.

I would say that I would fight the ticket in court. I would also call the police on the old bag if her dog barks, she starts her car or even farts.

That"s a load of bs. Can you file a complaint about her dog barking? doesn't seem any more ridiculous then whats she's complaining about.

Sadly i have a neighbor that would probably call the cops too, there for i just never run my car at home unless shes at work. She's a nosy old lady that likes to be in everyone's business and thinks she runs' the block. Good luck hopefully you can fight the ticket. if you have permission and are not violating noise ordnance i don't see the issue. the cops aren't there to protect scruffy they are there to enforce the law, and from what you have stated i see no reason to believe you have broken any. Sucks you will have to waste time and money to fight this but I'm sure the police are assuming you wont, as they don't really have any grounds to ticket you with anything. Intimidation, that's it, you undermined their authority that's why they threatened to arrest you. know your rights and fight for them, may be a small victory but victory none the less.

Last edited:
all i can say is WOW ! i would fight this ticket to the very end! you will have your day in court...document everything you can, time of day, distance from your pain in the but neighbor, get signed document from the property owner, stating that you had permission to use the lot. do some research on the decibel levels of both a nitro and electric truck. see how they compare to your local noise ordinance, how do they compare to everyday items that would be used in your area (lawnmower, leaf blower, weed eater ect) do some research on your defiant tresspass law and see what it says ( you can find this information at your city hall) you would be surprised what a citizen can do in court without an attorney ! make a clear case that you were not in violation of any laws. i'm not an attorney but i have fought a few stupid charges against me, and won ! keep us posted! and good luck !

Amen^^^ FIGHT IT!!! Then file a complaint about the ole bags dog barking and her harassing you on private property.

Once you prove you were in the right, then you can counter and say when you go to the property in the future, you want her to keep her dog from barking because it is disturbing you while you are legally enjoying your toys.

I would take that crap to court with a letter from the business saying you had permission to be there and I bet you can get it thrown out of court

They can't give you a ticket for trespassing because you had permission. Go to court and talk to the judge and tell him what happened. Tell him that you stopped making noise when you ran the electric and you did what you were told to do. He will probably dismiss it and tell you to go run somewhere else.

UPDATE: Well I went in front of the Judge This afternoon 1:15pm ET I was sitting @ DEF's table... Well after Officer read off Charges "Actually" 2 of them.. 1. Defiant Tresspass 2. Disobay of a Police Officers Order to cease An Activity. Well the " Complatiant " HER she told the judge I was with NO reguard to concern to her german shepard causeing her dog to STRESS OUT & have problems breathing & on #'s of times refused her request to STOP..
& she took her DOG to the VET & now has problems Breathing because of my T-MAXX.. & I yelled profanity's @ her... Now it's my Turn to speak 32min's later I told the judge she's lieing about the profanity's I never said a curse word to her & I also told the Judge I willfully said I was sorry for Dog barking & actually moved away 150ft & she dident even have the DOG outside until I started up my T-MAXX that's when the DOG went nut's.. Judge said to me why dident I Obey Officers ORDER to STOP I said I did.. The Officer Blurted to the judge NO he dident your honnor.. When called back to location 2nd time Def had a different Truck running Judge said is that true I said YES but it was not a NITRO it was Electric & the Officers NEVER said I COULDENT USE an Electric Truck I just had to stop with the NITRO's. So after 25min of telling my side of story Judge says he will make JUDGEMENT after he reviews comments of all party's in his chambers... 20 min later he comes out & this is Judges Rule'ing
1. Defiant Tresspass "Dissmissed" because I had Permission to be on property

2. Disobey of a Law Enforcment Officer "STANDS" Judge said since I was still Running a TRUCK & dident STOP my ACTION's in full fall's under I disobey'ed the OFFICERS order

3. Orderd to GIVE & SURRENDER my RIG's "ALL 4 of them" to the local Police Dept for a 20 day inpoundment... Because I caused a Medical Issue with the DOG & as VET Report states increased blood pressure level's & aggravated a situation that was easly avoided... & She said probly caused permanat damage to her SHOW CALIBER German Sherpard " but I Highly doupt the Dog has any lingering affects"..

4. FINE of $50.00

5. Judge Orderd me NOT to RUN my Rig's in that lot ANYMORE eventhough I had permission & a right to be there & to have NO Contact with Neighbor @ anytime

Lesson to all R/C'ers be carfull where you run........
P.S. I think its NOT FAIR I have to give up my Trucks for 20 day's & my Neighbor Gloryfied her story to make her look good in front of Judge & I'll get my RIG's back & only have to pay $50.00 instead of $142.00 So when I get my RIG's Back I'll find another bashing sight... & life goes ON

Last edited:
Wow, & LEO's wonder why people don't trust them anymore.
You did as instructed & the bugger threaten to toss you in clink when you pointed it out, musta been out of doughnuts at D&D & had to listen to the ol bag gripe to boot!

Fight it & file a complaint against the cop too, he an arrogant bugger.

If her little doggy if that fragile she needs to keep it in the house or do the right thing & out out of it's misery.

Some people are just a waste of space, give the ol bag some of her own medicine, call every time time the dog barks, call code enforcement on her once a weak, that aught to drive her nuts.

Wow that is unbelievable, that is just stupid.

I do not thrust any Judge/LEO just because of that stupidity you listed, he did not tell to stop running any & all trucks just the nitro & that stupid judge sided with them.

A show quality Shepard, that's rich, one little model car running & it can't breathe, hope she don't plan to pass on those bad genetics by breeding that mutt.

Hope you find a better bashing spot, & you learned a life lesson those with the power will do whatever they want regardless of whether it's right or wrong, all of it should have been tossed out, not the garbage his dishonor handed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would fight ***** that lady, and the arrogant cops...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back