Now I will back track up the highway to scoop up my heart from the highway.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Ok here is my story. I was totally heartbroke, devastated, upset, sick to my stomach and any other foul word I can come up with.
We drove up to Midvale Idaho and I rode my bike from Midvale to Cambridge which is about 9 miles.
The ride was rough but pretty easy and very enjoyable. I LOVE MY TREK BIKE. <<<"keep that line in mind".
We decided that I was going to cheat on my diet tonight and have some home made Mexican food "Pics later"
and I happened to look in my rear view mirror and guess what I didn't see?
MY MOUNTAIN BIKE IS GONEEEEE. Somewhere on the highway the strap snapped and my bike came off.
We Drove all the way back to Cambridge to see if we could find it which is 35 miles and no luck. I was sick to my stomach.
We stopped at the Sheriff's office to report it and they told me they haven't heard a word but would call me if they did.
I pulled into my drive way and they called. Some lady picked up in the middle of the highway and called the Sheriff, plus delivered it back to town.
I AM SO RELIEVED.
There is a little bit of damage but nothing major, all cosmetic.

IMG_1095.JPG
IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1098.JPG

Just a couple more of my ride

IMG_1093.JPG

Forest fire off in the distance.

IMG_1094.JPG

LOL thanks and I assure you the Mexican food will be incredible. I don't get to eat dinner often.

Oh I agree, but I knew it wasn't stolen because we drove straight to the grocery store here in town after I loaded it.
I was sick to my stomach but better now.
If I would have only paid a couple hundred bucks for it I wouldn't have worried so much but it was FAR from a couple hundred bucks.

Last edited:
I know your pain. My trek is around 3500 with parts fixed and maintenance and maintenance plan.
That's lucky right there. I guess you have a reason to buy a new seat and what not.

Just today I bungied mine in the truck bed I'm so paranoid over it.

I know your pain. My trek is around 3500 with parts fixed and maintenance and maintenance plan.
That's lucky right there. I guess you have a reason to buy a new seat and what not.

Just today I bungied mine in the truck bed I'm so paranoid over it.
I just got back from another 5 miles up the trail and I apparently messed up the derailer. It won't stay in 3rd, 4th, or 5th.
That is a horrible feeling for sure, glad you got her back!
When I looked in my rear view mirror and seen that it wasn't there, I was so sick to my stomach.
The wife was inside the grocery store and she left a cart full of groceries and ran out to the truck when I called her so we could go look around for it.

Shinola happens. at least you were not on it when It acquired its road rash, see if auto insurance will cover it. if not just repair it get a better way to secure it to auto.

It's all small cosmetic stuff except the derailer, I'm more than happy I got it back and any strap could have broke.

So happy to hear that you got it back, Bro! That lady is awesome! Things like this restores my faith in people.
I was walking one time along the road, and came across an iPad lying in the grass shoulder. This was when iPad were fairly new, and nearly everyone wanted one. Luckily for the owner, she didn't lock her phone. I figured out her email address and informed her I have her iPad. We met at a nearby grocery store and I gave it back to her. Her husband was with her, didn't say a single word and gave me this stern look as if I was up to something. Whatever.

Yeah, the lady was very nice and I wrote up a thank you on Craigslist lost and found.
The Sheriff's dispatcher was very friendly and helpful also, along with one of the Deputies.
Turned out to be a good day after all.
Apparently it knocked the derailleur out of adjustment. I messed around with it and got it back to perfect.

Nice ride. Glad you got it back, and that it didn’t cause an accident. Once the wheel of our uhaul trailer came off on the highway, bouncing to the other side (close to the divider). Luckily, nobody hit it but we had to move all our stuff into a new trailer in drenching rain.

I drove truck in the army and when I was in Germany we were heading out to the field and I lost my spare out on the autobahn.
It wiped out a car. Bad deal but nobody was hurt and good old Uncle Sam bought him a new one.

just got back from another 5 miles up the trail and I apparently messed up the derailer. It won't stay in 3rd, 4th, or 5th.
Probably an easy fix. Worst case the mount tab got a little bent. The fact that it’s shifting at all is a good sign. Your bike shop should have the tools to straighten it out. Or it could be just a cable adjustment. Check your wheels for trueness as well. That doesn’t matter as much now in the days of disk brakes but back in the cantilever days a little wobble would be a big annoyance.

Glad you got it back!

Remember, next time before you take off you need to give it a shake on the rack and say “That’s not going anywhere!”

Probably an easy fix. Worst case the mount tab got a little bent. The fact that it’s shifting at all is a good sign. Your bike shop should have the tools to straighten it out. Or it could be just a cable adjustment. Check your wheels for trueness as well. That doesn’t matter as much now in the days of disk brakes but back in the cantilever days a little wobble would be a big annoyance.

Glad you got it back!

Remember, next time before you take off you need to give it a shake on the rack and say “That’s not going anywhere!”
Trust me my friend, I always say, that's not going anywhere.
My problem was, I didn't tell the strap, your not going to break.
Apparently Trek wheels are really good because they are as true as the first day I walked out of the bike shop with them.
I am pretty good with mechanical stuff and checked everything out. I adjusted the derailleur last night and it is shifting fine now.
I was planning to upgrade it anyway so now is a good time.

Back