Oval Breakout racing.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying out a new strategy with the battery. I charge it full the night before and then run two fifty lap heats and a seventy five lap main without charging the battery at all. Friday I broke out one time in the first heat and won the next heat and the main.
Sunday the competition was much different and six cars in the track made the driving much less consistent. I did break out but the reason was getting pushed to the inside of the corner or drafting behind a car and speeding up. I think I have the battery voltage set by charging the 6000 ma 2 s lip and running at 50% throttle. But I’m set for an aggressive racing line. This makes the car too slow in traffic when I am forced to drive around cars or avoid a crash.
If I set the car to go 5.1 in the middle of the track it will break out. And if I set it to go 5.1 in the tight turn it’s running 5.7 and that’s ti slow. But slow is better than breaking out. Just need more practice n traffic I guess.

The season is over. I tried a couple different things and determined that a Tekin Rs pro and 25.5 brushless motor is more consistent than a brushed 20 turn and a 45 dollar ESC. The expensive ESC with push control settings and all could be tuned to within .2 seconds. The less expensive set up has about .5 seconds of variation.
But the track owners like the LTO chassis they have made it a new class for next season. It will use a truck body, 27 turn Axial motor and a 4 cell battery and 45 dollar ESC.

It should be a very fun class for next season. I am already building it up for practice this summer and will use it as a breakout car. With the slow motor it might be more convenient at 5.0 second laps since 4.5 is all it should do full throttle.
The body and paint are going to be cool. I hope.

I finally got my breakout car converted to the new RJ Speed truck class. It uses the Axial motor and RJ speed truck body. I can use it in Breakout out as well. Just dial down the throttle setting so it runs 5.2 second laps and be careful .
The top speed should be 4 plus second laps. Friday night will be the first race.

I was at the hobby shop looking at paint and found stenciled. I found this checkers flag and a number sheet.

I am now committed to stencil cutting. I gotta get a cricket and learn how to use it. This was time consuming and tedious but I think it looks better than anything I can cut by hand.

9EB360C8-A679-4122-A06B-13519B72BAF9.jpeg

A3AAB2AA-5A4C-442B-873F-313F6BEBC846.jpeg