okay guys, i need a little help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my os 30 is breakin in nicely now, but it still constantly accelarates and decelarates. on top of that, theres no such thing as braking. if i brake, at all, the engine shuts off immediately. is the idle screw set slightly too low? its all i can guess, but i don't want to touch it unless you guys think that could be it. also, i have to mess with the throttle trim a lot. too high it doesn't idle and just sit there, too low, it slowly dies if i stop it. what to do?

thanks,
Grg

Yes, adjust the idle screw so it will still idle when trying to fully close the carb. There will be about a 1mm gap (About the thickness of a Credit Card)

Ill assume your saying that at idle your engine is serging. If so you need to look for air leaks. The first place to look is the fuel lines. Are there air bubbles working their way to the carb?

air bubbles always seem to appear sometimes, but usually its just a few really small ones. I've done the leak test(when you blow through the tube underwater), and i never see any bubbles apear.

ok, that definately helped the problem..now it doesn't want to shift to 2nd gear. do i tighten loosen the slipper clutch?

The slipper does not have any effect on shifting. Check your manual. There's an Allen screw inside a rubber cover on the transmission that needs to be tweeked.
Also, braking will kill your engine if your idle screw isn't set correctly, since it wants to move the entire linkage, throttle and brake. Once the idle screw is right, you can adjust your brakes with no effect on the engine's idle.

I've never touched the shift points..why would it stop now?

Shifting is often dependent on a good engine tune. Take your time with the break in, and then when you start to tune it a little with each tank, it will either start to shift, or you'll need to adjust it. With some break ins you shouldn't push them to the shift point for several tanks.

this really has nothing to do with whats been said on this thread so far, but would it be bad to run some kind of tubing from the pipe to the rear somehow? I'm really getting tired of the rear end getting so greasy, even with the exhaust deflector.

I don't think it's a good idea. You might try changing the aim of the deflector. If you lengthen it, you'll change its' tune.
Just be patient with it till it's well broken in. This is the time when it's running rich and spitting more oil than it will when it's been tweaked for performance.

I've seen one guy that took a deflector that was just Slightly longer then normal (like half inch to an inch) And directed the exhaust under the chassis.

Don't know if its any good but that half inch shouldn't make a difference.

400th post.. time really does fly!

EDIT: I do agree with Rolex. I wouldn't make it all the way to the back but just a half inch or so(you can find em on tower hobbies) shouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Back