Ofna with Hyper 21 overheating and blowing glow plugs HELP.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OfnaHyper

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey there guys.

This is my first post as I am new to this amazing sport. Just wondering if any of you could give me some help on my current problem.

I have a Ofna Ultra LX pro fitted with a hyper 21 engine. The thing is after about 5mins/half a tank of running the engine gets extremly hot and the cooling head starts smoking and the buggy won't rev and just bogs down. Also every time this happens the glow plug knackers up and end up having to replace it. Could any of you please point me in the right direction to tuning my buggy and also give me some tips on how to keep it coller and prevent this from happening. I think I have it tuned wrong but can never get it right. I am running it on 20% fuel. Also could you tell me what type of glow plug I should be using. I'm in the UK and temp is around 20C.

Thanks in advance
Ofna Hyper.

It sounds like the low speed needle is set too lean. Nothing you do with the high speed needle will cool the engine if the LSN is not set correctly.

Any idea what your needle settings are?

Is the 20C a reference to the ambient temp? Got a temp gun you can temp the engine with? It does sound lean as Rolex suggests.

Usually a half turn out from flush on the LSN and 3-4 turns out from bottom on the HSN are relatively rich. I'd have to look up the manual for that engine to see if it says what the factory settings are.

EDIT:
Found the manual I think:
http://www.ofna.com/pdf/eng-hyper21.pdf

HSN out from bottom 4.5-5 turns
LSN out 3.5 turns from flush (seems like a lot to me)

Oh, they show a photo of the LSN setting and it's flush with the collar, so that seems about right. 3.5 turns out from the actual slide would be about flush with the collar.

Last edited:
Back