Ofna nitro engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledman3064

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a ofna nitro engine that has a 3.5 on the side of the motor and I don't remember if it's a .26 or a .28 I'm also trying to find a 3 or a 4 clutch setup that has the flywheel too. Thanks

Losi makes a great 4 shoe setup that is very easy to maintenance. Only issue would be having to run the losi clutchbell. Highest they make is the 15tooth.

just FYI, Force uses the same casting between almost all their big blocks. so even though it does say 3.5, it still could be a .26, or .28 or .21.
(this is true for the side of the block, the top of the head should be the correct size unless someone fit another to it.)

It's got a different head on it

It's on a kyosho usa 1 that I bought over ten years ago

Yes I do still have the clutch bell it has a single speed

Yes I do still have the clutch bell it has a single speed

Ok ,yea ,some of them dabbled in to 2 spds along with chain drive!
But any way ,you can use any 3 shoe set up ,make sure that you get a new corn with a flywheel & shoe kit!
The thing with Losi ,is their products are more expensive ,an you would have to buy their shoes every time
you have to replace them ,with the ordinary brands like Ofna or Kyosho ,most interchange with each other
an are more universal!
A 3 shoe would probably be best ,given the size an weight of that truck!...:cool:

C baker 65 thanks for the info much appreciated I will look into it . Thanks again

Ok ,yea ,some of them dabbled in to 2 spds along with chain drive!
But any way ,you can use any 3 shoe set up ,make sure that you get a new corn with a flywheel & shoe kit!
The thing with Losi ,is their products are more expensive ,an you would have to buy their shoes every time
you have to replace them ,with the ordinary brands like Ofna or Kyosho ,most interchange with each other
an are more universal!
A 3 shoe would probably be best ,given the size an weight of that truck!...:cool:
"corn"? That a typo for collet?

The brass cone thing here:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-rc-1-8-scale-flywheel-nut-collet-shim-kit-ptk-7150/p222026

I have a ofna nitro engine that has a 3.5 on the side of the motor and I don't remember if it's a .26 or a .28 I'm also trying to find a 3 or a 4 clutch setup that has the flywheel too. Thanks
Hello the 3.5 is a .21 i have two force 3.5 engines