Ofna nitro engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Sledman3064

RC Newbie
I have a ofna nitro engine that has a 3.5 on the side of the motor and I don't remember if it's a .26 or a .28 I'm also trying to find a 3 or a 4 clutch setup that has the flywheel too. Thanks

Lovestricken

RC Newbie
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Losi makes a great 4 shoe setup that is very easy to maintenance. Only issue would be having to run the losi clutchbell. Highest they make is the 15tooth.

D3MON

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing
just FYI, Force uses the same casting between almost all their big blocks. so even though it does say 3.5, it still could be a .26, or .28 or .21.
(this is true for the side of the block, the top of the head should be the correct size unless someone fit another to it.)

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
Yes I do still have the clutch bell it has a single speed
Ok ,yea ,some of them dabbled in to 2 spds along with chain drive!
But any way ,you can use any 3 shoe set up ,make sure that you get a new corn with a flywheel & shoe kit!
The thing with Losi ,is their products are more expensive ,an you would have to buy their shoes every time
you have to replace them ,with the ordinary brands like Ofna or Kyosho ,most interchange with each other
an are more universal!
A 3 shoe would probably be best ,given the size an weight of that truck!...:cool:

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Ok ,yea ,some of them dabbled in to 2 spds along with chain drive!
But any way ,you can use any 3 shoe set up ,make sure that you get a new corn with a flywheel & shoe kit!
The thing with Losi ,is their products are more expensive ,an you would have to buy their shoes every time
you have to replace them ,with the ordinary brands like Ofna or Kyosho ,most interchange with each other
an are more universal!
A 3 shoe would probably be best ,given the size an weight of that truck!...:cool:
"corn"? That a typo for collet?

The brass cone thing here:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-rc-1-8-scale-flywheel-nut-collet-shim-kit-ptk-7150/p222026