Ofna MBX R2 couple questions for a new guy to the buggy world.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, i've got this buggy as well with sport werks .26 engine.. any hopups for this buggy? (mbx r2)

zandor, where did you get the length and withs @? i couldnt find em on ofnas home page or online hobby stores. I'm looking to get the ultra mbx pro and am curious as to the dimensions.

Ofna MBX R2

Ofna actually makes their mbx style chassis in to two cars. The Ultra MBX Pro, and the Ultra MBX R2. The ultra vehicles are the same in design, but different kit styles. The MBX R2 and the pro are different in shock towers, and chassis. The R2 has a flat blue chassis with a 'y' brace, and the mbx pro has the grey chassis with braces and a 30 degree kick up. Those chassis are interchangeable and parts from one ultra will fit another. Most notable differences are suspension, (Lx has kingpin, 8mm cva's) but are the same.

I bought the MBX R2 from Ofna's #1 distributor, nitrohouse, for 179.99. Check 'em out a http://www.nitrohouse.com or call them at 1-800-928-0304. The R2 I bought came with everything, I mean everything, but fuel, a radio, and motor. I put the MBX Pro chassis on it, slapped in my picco, mx-3 and other goodies and took it racing. If set up correctly, it can hang with the rest, but more relies on driver. I've moved on to Ofna's hyper line and 9.5 line, but I never broke one thing on that R2. Tough buggy.