Officially irritated with arrma

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean Spektrum electronics are better than Traxxas and a lot of other stock electronics out there so it could be a lot worse.

The fact that 7 out of 9 of your RCs are Arrmas would suggest to me that youve probably bought most of their kits that are relevant to you and its time to branch out and start trying other things. Theres a lot of other great brands out there that have cool rigs.

Manufacturers try and make something for everyone. Every manufacturer is going to have releases that your not interested in because they arent relevant to you and your tastes.

Are you sure that these new releases werent in the works before the 4S line you were waiting for? Even if they started development after the 4S rigs you're waiting for, whatever is causing the delay in the 4S line may not have affected these models and they were able to release them first? My point is there are a lot of reason why this line might have launched before the other line.

The supply problem is affecting every manufacturer in every industry so I'm not sure why you're holding this against Arrma.

The mini Infraction makes perfect sense. Its an entry level kit, priced for entry level people. Every brushed entry level kit has problems with the brushed motors wearing out cuz they use cheap motors. Not because theyre brushed. The Titan 12T is a perfect example of this. Just because its not for you and me doesn't mean there wont be people out there who love it.

Do you own any drift cars? Not sure why you think drifters are running WOT for 90% of the pack. You literally can't drift that way. You have to feather the throttle in order to maintain a drift. Besides crawling, drifting is probably the second easiest type of bashing you can do on electronics. You can't compare what people do with the full sized infraction to drifting anyway. People running the felony/infraction are mostly blasting up and down parking lots at full speed. Yes they can drift because theyre so over powered but thats not really their intended use. Which brings me to my next point.

Have you actually looked at the mini? Its not a speed runner or a drifter. Its got off road tires on it and looks to me more like a Rally kit than anything else. Even in the kit pics on HH website they show it running off road, not on road.

I dont feel like this is supposed to be a speed run car. i feel like this is more of a 4tec competitor. No one would say the 4-Tec is a speed run car. Yes its bigger than the 4-tec and yes people are going to try and turn it in to speed run rig. The people that are going to do that are going to replace the electronics anyway though. But a speed run car, I dont think thats its intended use just like speed runs arent the intended use of Typhons but people convert them, yourself included if memory servers. I think they may have grafted in some potential there for people who wanted to try and convert them for speed runs but I dont think that really the intended use, otherwise theyd have made them into proper 1/8th scale kits that run on 4 or 6S. Just my take on it.

I will admit the choice to use 1/10 scale electronics in a 1/8 scale kit seems a bit odd at first but you compare the size, weight , and electronics to a 4x4 SCT then it starts to make more sense. A Slash 4X4 or Losi Ten-SCTE are both very similar in size and weight to this kit and both kits run 2-3S electronics and 3660 sized motors and those are SCTs. On road you're going to have even less resistance to overcome So I dont think its going to be a serious problem for this kit.

Maybe you can explain this to me as I only own one kit (Kraton 4S) that has this type of transmission. I've not had any issues with the Spur gear being made of plastic. Spur gears are supposed to made of plastic as a cheap and easy to replace failure point for your driveline. Same way A-Arms are a cheap and easy to replace failure point and why most peopl in the hobby advise against running aluminum arms.

I have had problems with the spring for the slipper clutch not fitting in the driveshaft hole properly and therefore not keeping tension on the screw and allowing it to back out and allow the slipper to slip but that doesn't cause damage to the plastic spur unless you dont fix the issue and just let it excessively slip. Traxxas uses the same type of plastic spur/metal slipper on quite a few of their VXL kits and I've owned several of those kits and I've not had an issue with that style of spur/slipper on the Traxxas kits either. Now I know people have had issues with the motor mounting plate on the Arrmas allowing to much flex which can cause you to possibly strip the spur but thats a problem with the motor mount plate. The upgrade is less than $15.

Youve just described nearly every rig on the planet. They want to sell you upgrade parts.

I'm not sure how you can say Arrma is worse since HH bought out Hobbico. You say youve been a loyal consumer of the Arrma brand for the last 2.5 years but the sale of Hobbico to HH happened at least a year before that so your statement would seem to suggest that you started buying Arrma products after HH already had bought the brand and would have no basis of comparison of before and after.

Now IDK what Arrma was like between 2015 when I took my last break from the hobby and 2018 when they were bought out by HH but prior to 2015 especially back in the 2009-2011ish time frame Arrma just generally considered more of a budget, not terrible but not great, brand. Kinda like a modern day ECX or what Vaterra used to be before it was discontinued. You didnt see much hype or following around Arrma back then like they have today just like you dont see it with ECX now or Vaterra in its day.

Sorry man, I aint tryin' to hate and your feelings toward the brand are your feelings but a lot of what your ranting about doesn't make sense, at least from my point of view, and I think you're being unfair to the brand. Just my .02
Wow not sure what half of that says as I'm not going to bother reading a novel in response to my opinion. Glad you have your opinion as well I'll just agree to disagree with it as I'm guessing you did mine.

Outcast is back together. Hobby park servo horn came in. It isn't quite as beefy as the stock one. Setting end points with the dx3 radio is pretty easy. The 35kg Amazon servo seems smoother and definitely has more power than the stock one. Hopefully I can take it for a full rip tomorrow!

20211024_144219.jpg

20211024_215755.jpg

Outcast is back together. Hobby park servo horn came in. It isn't quite as beefy as the stock one. Setting end points with the dx3 radio is pretty easy. The 35kg Amazon servo seems smoother and definitely has more power than the stock one. Hopefully I can take it for a full rip tomorrow!

View attachment 135557
View attachment 135558
Oh fantastic bud. Glad it's back together. Wow they look very similar in height. The arm definitely looks thinner though.. hope the new servo works better for you bud.. Will definitely be better then the stock one for sure..👍👍

Theres are some reasons we all own a gazillion kits. This is one of them lol

Admittedly a lot of is just addiction though 🤣
I only have one rig, so when it's down, no driving! I might get another if budget allows, maybe an SCX24 or something....budget 1/10 scale "basher"?
I agree with ya and absolutely love my rigs but also they are all older models. Last model I bought was released over a year ago and IMO was one of the last versions that actually were improved. Don't get me wrong the new rigs look great but to me that's as far as my interest goes. The fact they released the Infraction mini as brushed car makes absolutely no sense at all. There is enough issues with the brushed motors and ESC's in the offroad cars with light use and they think it's a good idea to have an onroad drift car with a brushed setup🤦 I've literally seen posts about people having to replace the brushed motor 6 times with light offroad use in the current brushed cars. Now they think a brushed drift car that will be driven at 80-100% throttle 90% of the pack will last and is a good idea? It's going to be nothing but disappointment for people as the ESC's and motors will be toast after maybe 2-3 uses if not the first use.
The other new car is supposed to be a speed run car and the system they chose again makes zero sense to be used. It's a 1/8 scale with a 3900kv motor and a 100A ESC... even the 3s cars now with the 3200kv motors and 100A ESC's overheat and the electronics cook so why up the kv which will just cause more heat and harder Amp draw on the ESC. Should have lowered the kv to ≈2400kv with a 130A esc that would be 4s capable and run cooler with less stress to the electronics. Also they put a cross between the brushed and brushless plastic spur/slipper assembly which the design is horrible and another common issue already. To me both are warranty claims on wheels and unfortunately I feel will disappoint and turn more people away from the hobby. Frustrating they take absolutely no common issues and problems into consideration and in a sense sell cars your guaranteed to have issues with immediately and have to dump more money into them. The sale to Horizon and addition of spektrum electronics was the worst thing that happened to Arrma. Also since customer suggestions and common problems have not been addressed at all like they were before the sale to HH. Sucks I've been die hard brand loyal for almost the last 2 years and half of that has been one disappointment after another pushing me further away.
Damn, that is sad. I've seen multiple brands this and the last year follow this same downward spiral, seems like everyone is just trying to make sales/money during these hard times. Let's hope that all these brands (including Arrma) can be restored to their original full glory!

Last edited:
I only have one rig, so when it's down, no driving! I might get another if budget allows, maybe an SCX24 or something....budget 1/10 scale "basher"?
For a budget 1/10 you could look into the Arrma Granite Voltage. It looks to be more of a pain to modify though. It's like an upgraded version of a New Bright from Walmart, but they are cheap.

A step above that would be the Granite V3 Mega, which could slowly be upgraded into the V3 3S BLX.

Just read this post and it's nothing new that the stock servos are junk. RTR servos are cheap and junk no matter what the brand. My Arrma Kraton V1 had the original servo still running in it about a year ago and it was underpowered in torque. It ended up stripping a gear. Anyways if you look over on the Arrma forum you can see this happening pretty much every week. Someone's servo goes out in their truck. It sucks when a rig goes down for a little while but that's just a part of the hobby. When I replaced my Kraton servo I bought the cheap Amazon replacement. Took about 2 weeks to be delivered... Definitely wasn't happy with Amazon.

Just read this post and it's nothing new that the stock servos are junk. RTR servos are cheap and junk no matter what the brand. My Arrma Kraton V1 had the original servo still running in it about a year ago and it was underpowered in torque. It ended up stripping a gear. Anyways if you look over on the Arrma forum you can see this happening pretty much every week. Someone's servo goes out in their truck. It sucks when a rig goes down for a little while but that's just a part of the hobby. When I replaced my Kraton servo I bought the cheap Amazon replacement. Took about 2 weeks to be delivered... Definitely wasn't happy with Amazon.
Omg 2 weeks really i would be livid.. which one you get the 35k. There's a few on Amazon that are quite good..

When you order stuff with Amazon, if it is an Amazon Prime item, it will usually be shipped by Amazon from one of their warehouses. If it's not a Prime item, who knows where it is coming from. On those sales, it has nothing to do with Amazon. They were just the site the seller used to list their item, kinda like ebay.

If it is a Prime item and has a guaranteed delivery date, if you go to your tracking on the day it is supposed to be delivered you can click on problem with delivery or something like that. Just follow through the prompts. It will tell you if you don't receive the item by the following day, they will refund you. Twice now I have done that and they have given me my money back so I could order elsewhere. The package still arrived, only really late. I tried to find out where to return the item, but nope. Just keep it.

Last edited:
Yeah really wasn't happy with them... I'm not sure if it was their problem though like @WickedFog said it wasn't a prime item but It was delivered in a Amazon truck so I think it was shipped by them. Maybe it was more like a week delay but still when they say it will be delivered on a day then delay it a week due to using their shipping method though. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️ It's a 25kg servo. More than enough for a Kraton or at least better than the 15kg stock one.
IMG_20210301_172944710.jpg

Yeah really wasn't happy with them... I'm not sure if it was their problem though like @WickedFog said it wasn't a prime item but It was delivered in a Amazon truck so I think it was shipped by them. Maybe it was more like a week delay but still when they say it will be delivered on a day then delay it a week due to using their shipping method though. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️ It's a 25kg servo. More than enough for a Kraton or at least better than the 15kg stock one.View attachment 135660
As I was explaining to Tunedpipe about a shipment he was having trouble with, a lot of sellers on Amazon are drop shippers. They just put up a listing for an item, then are at the mercy of a supplier to ship that item. In the case of Amazon, they play the role of the shipper in these cases. They have no control over when the item arrives to them, but they are very efficient at shipping the item once they have it in their posession. The fault is with the supplier. You are just dealing with a series of middlemen when you don't buy Prime items. In those cases, I buy from ebay, which a lot of them are just middlemen drop shippers as well these days. Which is why a lot of items are shipping from New Jersey or California. That is a sure sign of a Chinese drop shipper.

Yeah my thing was mainly just for Amazon don't tell me it's gonna come on this date and instead delay it a week. I think it was because of covid and Amazon's new shipping method just starting. Everything was getting delayed.

That estimated delivery date on Amazon is only good if it is a Prime item 😉 Amazon only has control of that on items they warehouse.

Yeah well that's why I go to ebay more because it seems like they are more consistent. The sellers that is.

If I can get it at a fair price with Prime, that is where I buy it because I get stuff within a couple days, even on Sunday. If not, then ebay or a hobby shop is my second choice.

If I can get it at a fair price with Prime, that is where I buy it because I get stuff within a couple days, even on Sunday. If not, then ebay or a hobby shop is my second choice.
I'd do that but we don't have the prime membership so it's quicker from eBay.

I'd do that but we don't have the prime membership so it's quicker from eBay.
Ahh, there is the problem. I only have it because I also use the Prime TV as well, but I really can't do without it after using it for everything from rc stuff to household items. I am disabled and basically homebound, so it's nice to use just to order stuff when I need it.

Which is why a lot of items are shipping from New Jersey or California. That is a sure sign of a Chinese drop shipper.

Yeah well that's why I go to ebay
Always look at shipping from or where the item is being sold by and where.. always. If you stay kn the states it's always a couple days. Off either one. Late shipping with prime is great some times. I've been told to flat out just keep it. And get the refunded. I do everything in my powers to buy with in the states.. so much easier and faster....

Amazon Member since 2000! Only had two mishaps in all that time, and they were solved immediately. :)
I've had several mishaps along the way but everytime Amazon takes care of it ASAP. Only got the run around 1 time with Amazon and after getting mad at the lady and hanging up on her, I called back and the guy I spoke to was like "yeah she should have just fixed this for you, I'm not sure why she didnt" and then promptly fixed the issue.

Back