no throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

galph

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
so i just got back from the park, not happy though! the remote went out, or so i think! new batteries on the remote, the wheels turn when i spin the wheel on the remote just no throttle on the triger! what the heck happen, or do i just need a better remote than the one it came with it, i call it the fishing rod! any help would be appriciated! thanks

so i just got back from the park, not happy though! the remote went out, or so i think! new batteries on the remote, the wheels turn when i spin the wheel on the remote just no throttle on the triger! what the heck happen, or do i just need a better remote than the one it came with it, i call it the fishing rod! any help would be appriciated! thanks

Usually these problems are due to the OptiDrive crapping out. Try bypassing it and see if that doesn't solve the problem. Disconnect the throttle servo plug from the OptiDrive and unplug the OptiDrive from the receiver. Then simply plug the servo into the receiver and no more OptiDrive. Let me know if this doesn't fix your problem, but 99% of the time this is the cure... BTW: This will mean that your reverse "safety" is gone. From now on you must make sure you are completely stopped before you attempt to go into reverse--the job of the OptiDrive is to make sure the truck can not shift to reverse while the truck is moving forward...

Attachments

• trac5398.jpg
    trac5398.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
what do you mean by bypassing it?

what do you mean by bypassing it?

Disconnect the throttle servo plug from the OptiDrive and unplug the OptiDrive from the receiver. Then simply plug the servo into the receiver and no more OptiDrive.

what is the optidrive for?

what is the optidrive for?

The job of the OptiDrive is to make sure the truck can not shift to reverse while the truck is moving forward, but usually it glitches and either won't send a signal to the throttle servo or won't allow the transmission to shift into second. Trust me, you do not need it if you remember to stop completely before shifting into reverse!

awsome! in that case do you recommend the foward only conversion kit?

cool! thanks for your help cody!

my revo came with no optidrive and therefor of course no reverse. that was news to my local shop. i guess its how they make em now. apparently I'm just missing out on one more thing to break?

okay i tried what you told me to do cody. i dont know if I'm doing something wrong but still nothing!

okay i tried what you told me to do cody. i dont know if I'm doing something wrong but still nothing!

Hummm... One more thing you can check before trying a new transmitter is to plug the throttle servo into the steering servo port on the receiver and turn your steering wheel back and forth. If it doesn't move the throttle linkage it is most likely a bad servo. If it does move the linkage then its a bad radio or a bad receiver.

At least we know its not the OptiDrive so we just need to keep eliminating things...

my revo came with no optidrive and therefor of course no reverse. that was news to my local shop. i guess its how they make em now. apparently I'm just missing out on one more thing to break?

The racing edition or 'new' Revo's come equipped with the Forward Only Conversion (FOC). I converted mine over a month or two after I got it, best change I made. Losing the Opti-Drive was a greater benefit than having reverse.

Killer, I had this same problem tonight, got home to ask you guys, and this was here!!!

thanks, it solved my problem

The racing edition or 'new' Revo's come equipped with the Forward Only Conversion (FOC). I converted mine over a month or two after I got it, best change I made. Losing the Opti-Drive was a greater benefit than having reverse.
whats the downfall or drawback of optidrive? unless its just problematic, i see it as convenience. for the most part i care not about not having reverse.

my throttle servo went bad! got a new one now everything is back to normal! thanks for your guys help!

whats the downfall or drawback of optidrive? unless its just problematic, i see it as convenience. for the most part i care not about not having reverse.

They are exactly that problematic much better going FOC and getting a fail safe.

They are exactly that problematic much better going FOC and getting a fail safe.

+1 to that, it's just another piece of electronics to muck up the works. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back