no throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are exactly that problematic much better going FOC and getting a fail safe.
getting a fail safe and installing a fail safe are proving to be quite unlike each other.

is it hard to install a fail safe, and what brand do you guys recommend?

Attachments

• dtxm4000.jpg
    dtxm4000.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
The job of the OptiDrive is to make sure the truck can not shift to reverse while the truck is moving forward, but usually it glitches and either won't send a signal to the throttle servo or won't allow the transmission to shift into second. Trust me, you do not need it if you remember to stop completely before shifting into reverse!

Can I remove my opti Drive and still have reverse ?

I like reverse for when it gets up agains a Tree:hehe:, but I do find it is a real pain getting it to engage into reverse. Second gear is also freaky. Sometimes it goes right away, even on grass, other times I have to be Screaming down the tarmac to get 2nd.

Can I remove my opti Drive and still have reverse ?

I like reverse for when it gets up agains a Tree:hehe:, but I do find it is a real pain getting it to engage into reverse. Second gear is also freaky. Sometimes it goes right away, even on grass, other times I have to be Screaming down the tarmac to get 2nd.

Yea But if you accidently bump the red shifter you will wreck your trans

i plugged in a duratrax on a savage x 4.6 and now my receiver wont work throttle or steering but power light is on what did i do wrong or what didnt i do right

Hi Jae. The last post on this thread was from 2008. It's likely you'll get more answers if you post a new thread. Since I did catch it, can you be a little more specific. What do you mean exactly? You have a Savage X 4.6 and you plugged a duratrax in... A duratrax battery? What were you using before you started having trouble? What radio system do you have? Were you having any issues before you made changes? Let's start with this and see if we can get you straightened out.
Mike

By the way, welcome to RCNT! :welcome_sign:

I think he means the Duratrax micro failsafe mentioned in this thread.

i plugged in a duratrax on a savage x 4.6 and now my receiver wont work throttle or steering but power light is on what did i do wrong or what didnt i do right
You may want to start your own thread in the savage section: https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/forums/hpi-savage/
May get better/quicker responses that are HPI specific.

That said, you are using a duratrax transmitter/reciever?

Ahhh... Ok. I got lost with the issues as far as who broke what and when... Lol. Ok. Hopefully he's got it sorted or posts back. Thanks

@1wayjae, please start a new thread detailing your current issues and all details. Too much confusion is created when asking something in an existing thread.
Thanks. This thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back