Newbie needing help from kiwi land

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schatts

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought my first Nitro Car. I have a HSP warhead. Have been following the tuning advise on this site. I am using a Race blend 16%12% oil Gal Fuel. I'm not sure If I have to use after use oil or not. But anyway I am getting a small tinging noise when the engine is running. Not sure what it is and or what to do. I think I am getting it tuned correctly after following the tuning advise on another thread on here. Am really keen to learn heaps about it. Any help out there would be much appreciated. Thanks

Tinging noise is probably your clutch dragging a bit causing it to rattle the bell.

As for ARO, if you run it every day, ARO isn't really necessary, but if you run it every couple of weeks, ARO will help avoid it getting gummed up.

Awesome thanks for the help. The one way bearing inside the pull start was playing up. Sorted. So the ARO. Where and how much do you put in the motor.
Have just been out with it. I think I have tuned it pretty good. It goes quick and have a bit of smoke when in second gear.

Awesome thanks for the help. The one way bearing inside the pull start was playing up. Sorted. So the ARO. Where and how much do you put in the motor.
Have just been out with it. I think I have tuned it pretty good. It goes quick and have a bit of smoke when in second gear.
2-3 Drops in the glow plug hole should be sufficient. Pull the engine over once to lubricate the rest of the sleeve. :)

A couple drops in the carb will help it get to the bearings too. I find that the bearings are the most likely to corrode on you since there are high carbon steel ball bearings in them.