New Vaterra V100 1/10th on road car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya Guys :) . I've never been a fan of 1/10 scale touring cars, but when I picked this Vaterra V100 from Horizon Hobby up in a trade deal a few days ago I realized it's more than just the average touring car. It's longer, wider, heavier, built better and it's a more stable platform than most anything else and I thought it would make a real nice on Road sports car to play with. It was just an empty rolling chassis when I got it and the factory power system was a 15 turn brushed motor but I decided throwing something like that in it just wasn't going to cut it, so I upgraded the chassis to a Castle Creations Sidewinder 3 system with a 4600kv mill on 2s lipo until I get a couple stubby 3s lipos for it. Other than that I need to get rid of this mudstain body and replace it with something more appropriate for road racing like a prototype body or something and maybe upgrade the wheels and tires to match. The stock shocks also suck so I'll upgrade those and put a little longer shocks on it to give it a little more ground clearance as well. On another note, there are not functional but I thought it was funny that horizonhobby would put faux disc brakes on these just for scale effect :) ...

20181021_175523.jpg
20181021_175304.jpg
20181021_145254.jpg
20181021_145212.jpg

@gsbuickman good looking car. I've always liked the Vaterra line-up. They perform well and have a lot of scale looks that you don't see on many other on-road cars... such as the disc brakes. ;)

If you put an LMP body on it, then it won't be a touring car anymore. LOL Also, I'd be careful putting longer shocks on there. Make sure the dogbones aren't falling out, or anywhere close to it at full droop. I think it's a good looking rig as it sits, but that's just me.

If you put an LMP body on it, then it won't be a touring car anymore. LOL Also, I'd be careful putting longer shocks on there. Make sure the dogbones aren't falling out, or anywhere close to it at full droop. I think it's a good looking rig as it sits, but that's just me.

It definitely needs better shocks and if they're slightly longer for an 1/8" or so of extra clearance it's all good :) ..

Back