New Traxxas XRT large scale speed basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it will mess anything up.

What channel is it in now?
QUESTION: XRT receiver channels

I just re-installed my motor and ESC. Plugged things into the receiver per the user manual. Everything "works" but I am not getting RPM readings now. I get temperatures, angles (gravity), etc., but not RPM, so that means no speed. I will not miss this info, but I am wondering if I might damage something if I have things plugged into the wrong receiver channel.

Anyone know ?

I dont use telemetry but you can plug the esc and servo in to the wrong channels and it doesn't damage anything so I'm assuming telemetry would be the same.

Fixed, no damage.
I was trying to go by the drawing in the owner manual, page 12. It was not super-clear.

Today, I opened the receiver cover in a place with more light and the RX is clearly marked with 'RPM'. Moved the plug and happy happy joy joy.

It is the connector one from the right. Now I see that it is labeled RPM. In the drawing in the user manual, it looked like it went in bat/ch5

This truck is TOUGH. I have hit trees and curbs, flipped it many times and nothing broke yet :)

When I find some place with enough room to get up to max speed, I will put a GPS in there to find out exactly how fast it goes with stock gearing.

20230125_171859[1].jpg

Yeah it's a beast! Really wish some different body shells would come out though.

I just asked the local hobby store to order a clear body for me. Guess I will have time to dream up paint scheme. Will leave windshield clear because I have an urge to put a video camera inside the cockpit.

Nice I'm gonna pick one up as well. I like the Hydro dip method. Has worked really well for me.

I bought the xrt and i am going big on the motor i dont know if i want the 1100kv or a lower kv i want the torque. Also the hobby wing max 5 esc with the 5687 combo looks like the setup i want any thoughts?

I bought the xrt and i am going big on the motor i dont know if i want the 1100kv or a lower kv i want the torque. Also the hobby wing max 5 esc with the 5687 combo looks like the setup i want any thoughts?
I would personally stick with the 1100. From what i understsnd and I could be wrong. Its that to truly get all that 800kv or lower has to offer you would need to run it with 12s. And to do that you would need the max 4. Which is double the price and just crazy.
I got a 730kv with the max5 and it isnt what I thought it would be power wise. It is powerful don't get me wrong. But not as much torque as one would think. Yet i can run it full blast all day long and it will never get hot. So it's under powered I think.

I bought the hobby wing 1100kv with max5 esc the esc stopped working within 10 mins it wouldnt program out of the box. I reset it and it would turn red when i went fwd or reverse but some times when i would let off the throttle it would blink green 4 times it wouldnt move until the green light finished blinking. I sent it back to hobbywing so i am hoping its warranty that they dont blame me for a faulty esc.i never even ran it hard didnt have a chance before it quit

I bought the hobby wing 1100kv with max5 esc the esc stopped working within 10 mins it wouldnt program out of the box. I reset it and it would turn red when i went fwd or reverse but some times when i would let off the throttle it would blink green 4 times it wouldnt move until the green light finished blinking. I sent it back to hobbywing so i am hoping its warranty that they dont blame me for a faulty esc.i never even ran it hard didnt have a chance before it quit
You should be good. I hear HW is pretty good about warranty issues.

Back