New Traxxas XRT large scale speed basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Traxxas just came out with their new XRT which is a large scale speed basher. Comes with a Xmaxx chassis but with more lower center of gravity. Comes with their VXL 8S system. To me it looks like a Sledge and a Xmaxx combined. Also it does look similar to the Arrma talion 1/8 speed basher.

Traxxas XRT - Traxxas Direct

The Xmaxx raped a Kraton 8S and this is the end result 🤣
78086-4-XRT-Chassis-3qtr-Front.jpg

Does anyone know what aftermarket parts would swap from the xmaxx to xrt?

Also id like to upgrade the springs but I'm not sure if the spring is basically the same from the maxx or sledge or even the maxx v2.

Can the xmaxx bulkhead covers be swapped over from the xmaxx as well?

Also id like to upgrade the springs but I'm not sure if the spring is basically the same from the maxx or sledge or even the maxx v2.

Once you get it figured out let us know :)

M2c motor mount works

The springs are shorter but thicker, the bulk heads are different They don't look like they would swap, but I'm not 100% sure. Have to take it apart first but from the looks I'd lean toward no. The arms are the xmaxx widekit.. I like the easier access to motor and esc area. Wish they didn't use the battery retainers the way they did. They put them in reversed and I find it irritating that anything over 6000ma is not able to secure. Gonna go with velcro straps I guess.

I'm using 8200 mah SMC batteries just fine though the battery wire does get a little annoying when it's time to remove them. I'm also going to go to straps.

Wow really? I can barley fit my 6500mah and close it. Even then only one side of it. Mine are in a hard case though. I find that makes a big difference but it's getting harder to find soft packs I've noticed.

Oh man! Installed a surpluss hobby 730kv motor I got on a flash sale off banggood for $50 bucks. Some 1.5mod gears I ordered 2x 25t and one 30t for $45. Went on Amazon and picked up a 1/5th scale motor mount for $41. Then ordered the 8mm spur shaft from bowhouse for $17. Installed the Max 5 and paid full sticker price $229. The shock and awe of how much more power it has.....Priceless!!
I havnt been able to go more then half throttle and even then its for a fast second. I'll get some footage tmrw. Everything went together super smooth and barely had to adjust the mesh at all! Never thought that could happen! Now I gotta order a esc plate and a gear cover. Already have the bigger batteries coming. 🤙

Oh man! Installed a surpluss hobby 730kv motor I got on a flash sale off banggood for $50 bucks. Some 1.5mod gears I ordered 2x 25t and one 30t for $45. Went on Amazon and picked up a 1/5th scale motor mount for $41. Then ordered the 8mm spur shaft from bowhouse for $17. Installed the Max 5 and paid full sticker price $229. The shock and awe of how much more power it has.....Priceless!!
I havnt been able to go more then half throttle and even then its for a fast second. I'll get some footage tmrw. Everything went together super smooth and barely had to adjust the mesh at all! Never thought that could happen! Now I gotta order a esc plate and a gear cover. Already have the bigger batteries coming. 🤙
Sweet! what size motor did you add? I want to go bigger but weight has me worried lol.

Our XRT vs Kraton video. =D

I just bought the XRT yesterday. Also the two 6700 mAh 4S and dual charger package.

That's what happens if I forget to leave my credit card home when I go the the local hobby store "just to see what is new."

I have not tried it out yet, but it says that all sorts of telemetry is ready to go without buying more sensors.

Now to convince myself to sell the Traxxas Hoss.

It's a blast! I think you might have to pickup the wireless telemitry hub separately. It's like $50 bucks. Don't know for sure if that's all you need. Your gonna love it. You now are a victim of large scale. Can't go back now.

I bound the XRT with the transmitter from my Hoss which already had the bluetooth link. Telemetery is fun, but the app on the cellphone allows adjusting braking, steering, etc.

Had to get new version of the app as the one I had did not include the XRT. XRT does have lots of telemetry built in; temperature, voltage, rpm, etc etc.

Awesome man! Is it worth the 50 bucks? Would you buy it twice?

It was only $ thirty something https://traxxas.com/products/parts/transmitters/6511tqitraxxaslinkmodule

The telemetry is 'fun' but I have not made any use of it yet. What the module is good for is setting all sorts of things in the system.

You can set all this stuff without it by using the two red buttons on the transmitter. But using those buttons you can get really badly 'lost' in the procedure and change the wrong setting without knowing it. Also you can not read existing settings. With the app I can see for example, braking at 70% now, so as I adjust it, I can figure out for xxx tires or track, I prefer 60%.

I know you can buy radio systems that do all that with LCD on the transmitter; I have never used them. I am quite the beginner, so I am keeping things 'simple' for now.

Drive-Effects-Screen.jpg

QUESTION: XRT receiver channels

I just re-installed my motor and ESC. Plugged things into the receiver per the user manual. Everything "works" but I am not getting RPM readings now. I get temperatures, angles (gravity), etc., but not RPM, so that means no speed. I will not miss this info, but I am wondering if I might damage something if I have things plugged into the wrong receiver channel.

Anyone know ?

Back