New LST XXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, it's a stronger and slightly longer steering link. I've been told that it's almost required for a single servo setup, I believe them being as mine didn't last a tank before it snapped.

Interesting...Dude I dont even wanna know what you do to your kit. You must be an insane basher cuz you break waaaaaaaaay more parts than I do and I'm not exactly gentle with mine lol.

Yea, I may go crazy some....all of the time. After I did the single steering servo, I wanted to check it durability. The best way I could think of was cartwheels, I went out hit WOT then full brakes with a snap of the wheel, this equals crazy cartwheels. After doing that a couple times, I did a reverse wheelie and that's when it snapped. If you think I'm hard on the XXL, you'd cringe if you ever saw me with my Rustler.

Here's a side by side of the stock and the BAC link, the BAC is much stiffer than the stock.

2012-08-08184354.gif

^^ Thanks a lot man, I must have missed it when you posted it......I see it now, when I'm about to post how mine is broken again......:angry: STAY OUT OF MY THREAD MudSlinger!!! :D
I 99% sure my trans is jacked, I may have also busted my rear diff. I have to track down a tuning problem now as well, it was okay and then the temp jumped up over 320 even with me richening the tune. So I'll give it another tear down and cleaning, this time the trans and diffs will be torn down as well. I guess I'll be tearing the engine apart and resealing it again as well.

That sucks man! I just blew a few teeth off my pinion gear this weekend also, the ring and pinion looked questionable when I first rebuilt the truck and probably should have been replaced then. Since I will be tearing it down, I am going to finally install the xxl chassis, HD top plates, hitec servos, and the TiNi diff gears. Once again, sorry for jacking your thread.:hehe:

Last edited:
Well, looks like I'm getting a set of 4 Baja rear tires for my XXL, the Proline Bow-Ties on Desperados. Here they are, hopefully I like them.
1151-13.jpg

I paid $90 for everything, $75 for the wheels and tires and $15 for the adapters.

2012-09-23161250_zps7397784a.gif

2012-09-23161325_zps8a932e17.gif

2012-09-23161410_zps19f66466.gif

I'm going to have to mod the adapters to fit the XXL, the Savage uses a small nut to hole them on and the XXL uses a grub screw. I will drill the center of the adapter to allow the axle all the way through, and I will also have to enlarge the pin slot on the adapters being as the Losi's pin has a larger diameter.

That's what I was afraid of coz I remember someone said Losi can't use adapters other than the ones for Losi. Those wheels look very nice (hope to try them soon)

Looking forward to see photos of those on XXL :)

I don't think the LST axles will work with the XXL carriers, I'll look into them some more though.
XXL, notice the lip to keep it on the bearing.
LOSB3522-250.jpg

LST
LOSB3504-250.jpg

Yep, you will need new carriers and bearings to make those axles fit, and the LST1/AFT carriers are not as beefy as the LST2/xxl carriers.

Yep, you will need new carriers and bearings to make those axles fit, and the LST1/AFT carriers are not as beefy as the LST2/xxl carriers.

I figured that, I plan on making the Savage adapters fit, I just need expand the pin slot.

Getting closer, hopefully I didn't just destroy these adapters for nothing. I just need to figure out a good way to enlarge the slot for the pin.
2012-10-03170455.gif

Thanks, I need to clean the truck up and get it back together, then I'll get some better shots. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get the pin slot large enough for the Losi's axle pin? The Losi's is not only longer, but it is also thicker than the Savage's. Should I cut the Losi pin and then widen the notch, or should I make the notch longer and wider?

I would think the notch would be easier. Dremeling alu rather than drilling hardened steel.