New LST XXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think the notch would be easier. Dremeling alu rather than drilling hardened steel.

I just need to figure out how to do it, without the edges getting rounded at all. Do you think this will work? I just need to keep my hand steady. :D

I grabbed the bit that I linked to, it's the perfect size but I'm nervous about hacking these hexes up. I've already started on one and I'm about 1/3 of the way done, I really need a vise, right now I'm using the wheels to hold the hex in place and support my hands. If I hadn't gone to Houston this weekend, I'd be done already.

Sup everyone :) I just got a used LST and is very clean. I did have to add a new motor as the one before hadn't been started, and it was a Wasp 28... can't even find a blow up of the thing. Now i have an Axial 28 on it and the thing will be rock. Only thing that is wrong with it is that the grub screw at the transmission that goes to the rear drive line. Just wondering... where can I pick up that grub screw and also where can i get that blue roll cage?

Thanks guys!!!

Sup everyone :) I just got a used LST and is very clean. I did have to add a new motor as the one before hadn't been started, and it was a Wasp 28... can't even find a blow up of the thing. Now i have an Axial 28 on it and the thing will be rock. Only thing that is wrong with it is that the grub screw at the transmission that goes to the rear drive line. Just wondering... where can I pick up that grub screw and also where can i get that blue roll cage?

Thanks guys!!!

Congrats on the new ride, the LSTs are great. You'll probably get more help if you start a new thread though. You can go to the Losi website and download the manual for you truck, it'll have exploded views as well as a parts listing. Start a new thread and throw up some pics. If you're wanting a roll cage, I think RC Solutions is the only company that makes them but they won't fit the XXL. New Era Models makes a roll bar, that's what most people are running, it's out of stock most of the time, so you'll have to stalk their website and get it when it's in stock.

Thanks Shred, I was just reading through this one and seems to be full of well informed peeps so figured what the hell :) Thanks!

Sorry I haven't updated this, I'm moving to England and my house is getting packed tomorrow. I decided to scrap the Savage adapters (I'll try them later), and I found a set of the Proline 23mm hexes. The HPI ones were too much of a PITA, it's damn near impossible to find washers that'll fit over the stub axle and in the adapter. It was way easier to use the 23mm, I wrapped them with some aluminum tape to fill the gap, I haven't had a chance to run them. It'll be about 2 months before I even see it (let alone drive it), I've got a few things to fix on it and I'll be able to run it. I weighed the Bow-Ties and my stock ones, and the weight difference wasn't that big, I lost my notes so I'll have to reweigh them.

2013-02-12214555_zpsfbf19f45.gif

2013-02-12214630_zps2654d716.gif

Welcome to my world man. I have stuff in storage from two differnt bases. I have RC stuff I have not seen in six years. Maybe I will get it all back next base. We shall see...lol

Yea man, last time I moved it was just my wife and I. Plus we were young, so all of our money went to drinking and having a good time in Japan, we didn't have much to pack. NOW, we have two kids and six years worth of crap to go through. And that's CONUS crap, its always way more than OCONUS :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

When we moved to Oki we had one kid and it was weight restricted. So everything went to storage mostly. Then over four years we built it back up, moved to Korea, have another kid..... more crap in storage on top of what was there.

Tomorrow is the big day, I get to see if my RCs made the trip.

Well, all of my RC stuff made it. I haven't messed with the XXL since pulling it out though. I've got some parts on the way, so when they get here I'll do a teardown, clean it up and then put it all back together with the upgrades. I did get my wheels that I bought from a guy on another forum.

20130517_183716_zpsd67348f1.gif

20130517_183641_zpsee545142.gif

I have to say though, the screws are the worst part of this setup. They have got to be the crapiest hardware I've come across, the hex on some isn't very deep so it doesn't let the driver seat very well. They also round of pretty easily, looks like I'll be ordering some Tony's screws if I can find the right size.

Last edited:
Ran my LST for the first time since getting to the UK today.....blew out the rear diff.

I was only running it in 2wd and I also had the 1/5 scale wheels and tires on. Hopefully when I get it all back together and have 4wd again it'll handle better, it was all over the place throwing rooster tails of grass.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Try the tini diff gears. They should hold up better.

Sent from my XT907

That's what I was planning on, these were my stock ones that I had never checked the mesh on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Let the fun begin....
20130602_221133_zps594c95de.gif

I still need to order the gears for my diffs, after tearing them down, I realized that I'll also need new diff cups.

Sweet. I went with the same upper and lower chassis plates as you. They are very nice!

Sent from my XT907